HDMI Output on Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ with Jelly Bean?

khue19

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Got my HSPA+ Nexus with Jelly Bean from the PlayStore 2 weeks ago along with the HDMI dock.

This is my first Droid phone (previously a WebOS holdout) and I can't seem to get HDMI mirroring working to my TV. Is there something I need to do to activate the HDMI output from the dock? All I get when I hook it up is a blue tinted screen with the Droid bot staring at me.

I've tried launching apps, gallery, videos with no change to the output. Any idea's on what I need to do to get HDMI out display working?

Thanks for any info.
-Khue

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
sorry, but it's not full mirroring.
" All you can use HDMI-out for on this device, is to watch movies. I’m not kidding. You won’t find HDMI mirroring anywhere near this pup, something the instruction manual says as clear as day (photo below). Also, if you plug a microUSB from the dock to your computer, you can’t sync files or move things around. They actually recommend that you do not try to charge your phone through the dock and a computer. It’s a charging dock that can play videos to your HD device and nothing more."
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/03/23/review-samsung-galaxy-nexus-hdmi-portrait-desktop-dock/

*that blue-droid is the same shot in the picture on that website.

Reactions: khue19

khue19

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Glad to report that the mhl micro-usb to hdmi appears to work great so far with my 3 yr old Sharp LCD TV. Recognizes the feed at 720p.

Got it yesterday and so far have been able to use it for full hdmi mirroring with the home screen, apps, music, video and pictures. Only thing I ran into during setup was that a power cord must be plugged into the adapter in order for the phone to go into "dock" mode and output to the screen. Im going to pick up an extra power cord to keep with it.

I'd recommend picking one up. Great functionality for only $10.

Reactions: project.in.process

khue19

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Google did give me some grief about returning their HDMI dock. I missed the 15-day return period by a couple days but I told them that was unacceptable and they ended up accepting it. Having bought the Gnex from them on the same order probably helped my cause along with telling them that the dock functionality was completely useless as sold.

They are sticking me with a 15% restocking fee however....they wouldn't budge on that one.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
curious---are you able to mirror streaming content video?(from webpages like nbc/tbs or any streaming for that matters--or does it have to be stored on the phone to mirror)?

rob1261

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow the nexus dock doesn't mirror??? What a ripoff then I'm glad I didn't buy it . I got a mhl adapter for about $7 on eBay a few weeks ago and it works perfect there's no excuse there overpriced dock can't son it:p

khue19

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Tested out mirroring a few different video streaming apps and sites. here are the results so far.

Youtube App - worked
ESPN.com - worked
Netflix App - worked
NBC - video would not load, says "device not supported"

Reactions: project.in.process

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo