really weird battery drain issue!!!

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
recently i have been getting some really weird battery drop from my gsm gnex for att....i usually get pretty good battery life about 12-13 hours with 3 hours of screen on time..

however theres been a couple times (including today) that ive noticed the battery just wasn't lasting as long as usuall and was dropping a little bit faster than usual so i decided to shut down and pull the battery. once it booted back up again i noticed the battery went from 35%-14% and this has happened to me about 3 times already for only owning the phone a little more than a month..this also happened to me when i had my galaxy s2 for att...has anyone heard of these issues before or experienced anything like this? is my phone messed up?

TimboSliceSliceBaby

May 28, 2010
Visit site
recently i have been getting some really weird battery drop from my gsm gnex for att....i usually get pretty good battery life about 12-13 hours with 3 hours of screen on time..

however theres been a couple times (including today) that ive noticed the battery just wasn't lasting as long as usuall and was dropping a little bit faster than usual so i decided to shut down and pull the battery. once it booted back up again i noticed the battery went from 35%-14% and this has happened to me about 3 times already for only owning the phone a little more than a month..this also happened to me when i had my galaxy s2 for att...has anyone heard of these issues before or experienced anything like this? is my phone messed up?

4G is a killer. I turn it off unless I absolutely need it. Also, set your wallpaper to black and turn your brightness down.

Best advice though: keep a charger in your house, office, and car. And get a spare battery. Unfortunately, that's the only foolproof solution.

Still worth it. I love my GNex, and wouldn't trade it. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

I'd suggest checking out an app like GSam Battery Monitor, and see if you have an app in "wakelock" draining your battery.

The 12-13hrs of usage with 3hrs screen on is 100% normal for the GSM GNex, so I wouldn't be surprised if you just have a bad app that's draining more than the rest. Other than that, heavy usage can quickly drain the battery. Kinda just how it is. If you have a middle of the day game session or 30min of browsing over 3G, your battery will just take a hit.

As far as pulling your battery and having the % mess up, that's normal. When you take the battery out, the phone loses all power and doesn't have an "idea" of what charge the battery was at. So when you put it back in, the % can be off. I wouldn't be to worried about it.

4G is a killer. I turn it off unless I absolutely need it. Also, set your wallpaper to black and turn your brightness down.

He has a GSM model, no 4G.

A black background will maybe save him 2% battery over a colorful background.

Brightness control is one thing that really can help. On phones like the GNex with AMOLED screens, the screen can really drain the battery. I keep mine at ~40% and it works well, but I'm hot afraid to put it up at 100% when I'm outside and need the visibility.