My New Galaxy Nexus Got Run Over:'(

TechFitGJ

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
So, my Galaxy Nexus came today and I was so excited I opened it in front of the mailbox. Coincidentally, my mom was backing out of the driveway to pickup my sister. She honked to scare me and I dropped my brand new Galaxy Nexus and she ran it over... it still works and its not cracked but it just got all scratched up... I'll post pics if you want to see them.

TechFitGJ

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
It's not that bad so I think I will just keep it. Switching back to my amazing Galaxy S2 since it is a better phone (hardware wise) and is in mint condition.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

rob1261

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah sorry but nexus>galaxy s2 all day long hardware wise or not there just isn't a better phone out there today then then galaxy nexus with jelly bean even if its specs aren't top of the line it still blows everything else out of the water. Sorry to hear that but I'd say your mom owes you a new phone! I'd be pissed ijs:mad:

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
So, my Galaxy Nexus came today and I was so excited I opened it in front of the mailbox. Coincidentally, my mom was backing out of the driveway to pickup my sister. She honked to scare me and I dropped my brand new Galaxy Nexus and she ran it over... it still works and its not cracked but it just got all scratched up... I'll post pics if you want to see them.
OMG :eek::eek::eek: It actually hurt to read this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd have called and said "Yo, y'all sent me a really f'd up phone. Here's some pictures if you want. Replace it."

For real though. That sucks. Especially since this device is absolutely amazing on 4.1.1.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
That sucks but at least it's working.

I personally open my phone in a secure area over my desk at home so nothing happens to it :p

Reactions: Androhead27

TechFitGJ

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
My mom offered to buy me a new one but I said no. I just sent it back (Didn't get it through Google play). Yes, I was very stupid to open it there. Well, my S2 is on Jelly Bean and it's fantastic. Plus, I like the size and better camera a lot better since I take a lot of photos. Oh, and my S2 is in a great condition which helps;)

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
My mom offered to buy me a new one but I said no. I just sent it back (Didn't get it through Google play). Yes, I was very stupid to open it there. Well, my S2 is on Jelly Bean and it's fantastic. Plus, I like the size and better camera a lot better since I take a lot of photos. Oh, and my S2 is in a great condition which helps;)
So what made you buy a nexus then?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I dropped my Galaxy S II on the ground 10 minutes after getting it and dropped it on the ground and shattered the screen. I wanted to cry. I found a guy on craigslist to replace the screen for $35. It took him 10 minutes. I was so happy! :)

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my Galaxy S II on the ground 10 minutes after getting it and dropped it on the ground and shattered the screen. I wanted to cry. I found a guy on craigslist to replace the screen for $35. It took him 10 minutes. I was so happy! :)

Wow thats lucky. I didn't know it could be replaced for so cheap. I shattered my Galaxy S' screen a few days after I got it. Didn't know it could be replaced for so cheap, might just have to tackle this job myself.