Objective comparison of One X, GSIII, and GNex?

Neon01

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Looking for such a comparison. Sorry if this is posted here somewhere. I searched but didn't see much, surprisingly. Primarily interested in objective facts about the phones. I've currently got a international GNex, and the areas I'm looking for improvement in are:

Battery life, screen (sharpness and uniformity), speaker loudness, a sleep/wake button NOT directly opposed to the volume rocker, video playback capabilities (my Gnex seems to struggle with most 720p videos even with low bitrates, and can't play a LOT of formats even with aftermarket apps like QQ); and GPS issues (lock takes forever...literally, sometimes) no matter what ROM I seem to run.

I really like Jelly Bean, but for what I use my phone for, it's only a marginal improvement over ICS. So I guess the question is, would one of these other phones be better in the metrics I mentioned above? It would stand to reason the GSIII would be similar in a lot of ways (screen, sleep button, etc), but I really don't know. Above all though, I must have absolute buttery smoothness in order to be happy with a phone. Stock ICS or even JB weren't able to give that to me, but Franco's kernel and custom (though largely vanilla) ROMs have gotten me there with the Gnex. I'd hate to make a change to a One X or GSIII if I can't get that smooth experience, even with ROMs.

I hope this isn't construed as an attack on the GNex. I love the phone, and overall I picked it hands down over the iphone 4s when it came down to it, but I'm picky and overall I'm kind of restless when it comes to mobile phone tech ;)

This may be just to tide me over until the new iphone 5 comes out, though we'll see if it'll be good enough to win me over to the iOS camp.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084