GNex Unrooted JB 4.1.1 in Boot Loop

shravanm18

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

GNex-Stock ROM-JB 4.1.1

I am new to this forum. So let me know if this is the wrong place to post this question.

I bought a GNex from a friend who attended Google I/O. So it came pre-loaded with JB 4.1.1. It was working fine for 3 month but until today suddenly it entered started rebooting and entered a boot loop. I did a factory reset as mentioned in other threads. I did it 5-6 times but i still have the problem.

When the Nexus "X" logo appears, the screen flickers a bit. Then it goes to a screen saying Android is updating ... Optimizing app 3 of 12 ... Screen flickers ... Restart at Google Logo

This is what I did
1. Wipe Cache
2. Perform Factory Reset
3. Reboot phone

I also tried swapping steps 1 and 2. But no progress

Thank you for your help guys.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

shravanm18

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Rahabib - I hope i do not have a hardware malfunction. That will be the last thing i do to my phone

Still1 - Would my PC recognize my phone even when it's in a boot loop mode? I am new rooting and flashing. So just curious.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Rahabib - I hope i do not have a hardware malfunction. That will be the last thing i do to my phone

Still1 - Would my PC recognize my phone even when it's in a boot loop mode? I am new rooting and flashing. So just curious.

Yes. Do you have the drivers set up? Simply manually enter into the bootloader/fastboot mode. If you have the drivers set up, you should be able to connect it to your computer and have it come up when you input the "fastboot devices" command.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I do not have anything setup. i have to start from scratch.

Do this. Download Wug's Toolkit. Use it to manually set up your drivers--specifically, the adb and fastboot drivers. Follow the instructions carefully.

Then, you have the option of manually restoring your Nexus by using Mr. Martonik's guide OR you can do it through there. But at least the drivers will be set up, regardless.

Keep in mind that if you can't actually boot into the phone (normal boot), you may not be able to get the adb thing to show up. Have no fear--ADB is the easiest driver to install, so I'd just ignore it/accept the prompt when it says it's installed. Fastboot is what you need.

shravanm18

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I will try it out today and update this thread. I see that this has been a problem with many GNex phones and there has been no resolution yet. Or people just don't update the thread once they get their phones fixed.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I will try it out today and update this thread. I see that this has been a problem with many GNex phones and there has been no resolution yet. Or people just don't update the thread once they get their phones fixed.

Bootloops happen with everything. Keep in my JB has a slightly longer boot time than ICS due to different "checks" (file system among others), so in some instances people complaining about sitting at the Google splash screen are just not being patient. Took me 17 minutes to boot up one time...no lie!

MrProph

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
might of been leaving wifi on when u left a remembered network ...happens to me if i dont shut off the wifi and its a HUGE problem if you search the net u will see hundreds of complaints

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy