Planning on buying a GN. Anything I should be aware of?

blarelli

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm thinking about ordering a GN tomorrow (fall financial aid is coming through) and using it on tmobile prepaid to save some cash. I haven't run into a heck of a lot of people with the unlocked GSM version and just wanted to ask how the quality of the phone was and if anybody has been having problems with theirs.

Thanks.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Electronics are not perfect, especially produced and manufactured in mass, so you're going to find plenty of people with issues. A lot of people will unfortunately experience some bad hardware here and there. Speaking from someone who bought a unit that was defective, but had it replaced as it was defective out of the package, my replacement unit has been nothing but perfection, and I highly recommend the device. I do however strongly suggest a good quality screen protector. The lack of gorilla glass on this device means it's far less scratch resistant than many other devices on the market.

Sent from my Stock AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

rob1261

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
what he said :D:D
but yeah mine has been perfect, and yes get a screen protector i treat my phone like a baby and still manged to get 2 small scrathes on it

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
My biggest beef with my Gnex is the cheap-feeling build quality. I'm not saying it IS fragile (I've dropped mine a few times, with and without a case), but it does FEEL that way.

As far as software, Mine came with ICS version 4.0.2. I rooted mine to get 4.0.4, and now I've got a custom ROM based on JellyBean.

I recommend a good case and screen protector. (I am using a Zagg screenie and an OtterBox Commuter case).

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a great phone and to me it feels great. I'm in tmobile prepaid as well and it's great :) I have also Not used a screen protector and I'm not that gentle with it and my screen has been fine :)

rob1261

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I have to disagree about it feeling cheap I used to have a Samsung vibrant and that felt cheap I think this phone feels pretty solid and even better in the hands with the OEM extended 2000 man battery and door

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay