Face dialing

MrJazz

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I'm having a weird problem with my Galaxy Nexus.
Lately, while on a call, just brushing my face against the phone hangs up on the party I'm speaking with. And turns on the camera. Or dials an old girlfriend.
At first, I blamed the screen protector. But hell, since it wasn't oleophobic anyway, I just tossed it. But that wasn't the problem.
Obviously, the proximity detector just dims the screen, but doesn't prevent input. What am I doing wrong here and how can I prevent this from happening?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
The proximity sensor actually does (or at least is supposed to) prevent input on the screen until you take the phone away from your head.

sg01

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. What I've been doing lately is pressing the power button (make sure it is not programmed to end calls) so the screen "sleeps" while I'm on the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
My proximity sensor turns the screen off so nothing can input. I know this because sometimes I will be talking connected Bluetooth in my car and try to swap it to handset ear piece and my finger will cover it barely and the screen will cut off not allowing me to change it till I move off of the sensor. Are you still stock on the phone?

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Could it be that when you bring the phone to your ear, it's still far back that the sensor doesn't detect your face so the screen doesn't turn off? Try moving it closer to your ear and see again

MrJazz

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. What I've been doing lately is pressing the power button (make sure it is not programmed to end calls) so the screen "sleeps" while I'm on the phone.

Seems to help; shouldn't have to do it!

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you should contact Google for a possible warranty issue as this shouldn't happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge