Rooted and unlocked, usb port not working and need to send back t

bigrob4669

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I rooted and unlocked my phone. I have a Galaxy Nexus from Verizon, and my phone do not get recognized by my computer in bootloader mode for me to return it back to stock. Now they have sent me out a replacement and I cannot fix the old one to return it. What am I to do? Oh yeah, the replacement was sent due to the charging port being bad, and its stuck in cwm.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rooted and unlocked, usb port not working and need to send ba

You could ask (and probably get better response on this topic) in the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Forums.

From my limited knowledge of this situation, if you don't have a working USB port there are way to flash back to stock recovery at least and unroot, but you're SOL with re-locking the bootloader. Not 100% on that though.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You could ask (and probably get better response on this topic) in the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Forums.

From my limited knowledge of this situation, if you don't have a working USB port there are way to flash back to stock recovery at least and unroot, but you're SOL with re-locking the bootloader. Not 100% on that though.

That's the best of my knowledge. I believe you can get an app to adb over wifi, but with more serious stuff it's a no go.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If the charging port is bad won't the battery eventually die and it will be a non-issue? Or is it just bad as in the computer won't recognize your phone?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
You can use the app WiFi File Explorer PRO to transfer files to and from your phone over wifi without connecting to your computer. So you could put an stock .zip on your phone and flash it or a stock nandroid and restore it. That should get you back to stock ROM, but I don't know any way to get back to stock recovery and relock the bootloader.

Question for those smarter than me. Is it possible to make a stock nandroid from the new working phone and restore it on the old broken phone? Or are nandroids phone specific?

shafferb

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the wonderful world of "rooting". I assume that there was some overriding gain in doing that in the first place?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The idea of using a stock nandroid backup from someone else's device would work but that doesn't resolve the unlocked bootloader and custom recovery....

You might be able to get someone with a stock recovery that just boots into a custom recovery then makes a nandroid backup and that backup then could give you the stock recovery but still you have a unlocked bootloader which can't be locked back up without USB cable access.

That's about the only ideas I can muster up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie