I'm heading to Switzerland and Germany and wasn't sure if I was able to use my Nexus over there? I have Tmobile prepaid sim.

I'll be over there for 3weeks and I'm sure I'll need to use my phone. I wasn't sure how it works considering i'll be in a few different countries. I was hoping I could just buy an international simcard and use it for a month. I hope it would have unlimited data like the tmobile prepaid sim.

If anyone here is from overseas, what sims are you using? Suggestions?

Thanks!
    09-17-2012 03:23 PM
    Once you're there you can buy any SIM of your liking and put it in your phone.

As to recommendations, hopefully some Germans or frequent travelers can chime in on the best operators.
    09-17-2012 03:47 PM
    I was in Serbia and France a couple of weeks ago. Bought a data only SIM card in Serbia which was very cheap and worked fine. However, it did not work in France. My wife had a voice/SMS only card and her's worked in both countries, though at a much higher cost in France. Depending on how long you might be in each country, you may wish to buy a separate card in each to ensure connectivity and the lowest cost.
    09-18-2012 10:03 AM
    My niece was here in NYC for the summer, I bought her the Nexus from the playstore, used T Mobile pre-paid while here and when she went back to Ireland inserted her Vodaphone pre=paid sim, works seamlessly she tells me..... obviously you are not going to Ireland but no reason why it won't work.
    09-18-2012 10:48 AM
    Was in Germany last October, picked up a prepaid t-mobile SIM while in Stuttgart and used it in my iPhone 4S at the time worked great, I've been told that t-mobile prepaid works in Switzerland. T-Mobile / Deutsche Telekom has a huge presence in Europe.

Die Prepaid 3-fach Flat | Telekom
    09-20-2012 03:09 PM
    Get either a german Vodafone or Telekom (T-Mobile) Sim and for Swiss maybe a sepparate Sim from Orange

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Get either a german Vodafone or Telekom (T-Mobile) Sim and for Swiss maybe a sepparate Sim from Orange

http://www.vodafone.de/privat/callya-prepaid-karte/callya-tarife.html

http://shop.orange.ch/en/prepay/icat/orange-world-prepay
    09-23-2012 09:25 AM