10-03-2013 01:11 AM
31 12
tools
    Hi everyone!

So I would like headphones that I can use to play/stop music and to be able to control the volume as well. Does anyone have any headphones that would be compatible with the Galaxy Nexus (GSM Version)? I know there are tons with the iPhones but I can only find headphones that only have 1 button for the Galaxy Nexus. I'm on a budget so if anyone can help me find compatible, 3 buttons control headphones under $50 that would be awesome. If not, does anyone have any workarounds for this? I heard there are apps out there where you can customize the 1 button control, but I have no knowledge about it. >.<

Thank you guys in advance I really appreciate your time on helping me with this issue.
    09-18-2012 07:46 PM
    Sorry, don't know of any. The best solution I can think of that actually doesn't involve buying any headphones is to use a custom ROM that allows you to change music tracks using the volume rockers when the phone is off. Of course, this is only a good solution if you already unlocked and rooted your phone. If you are interested in this, let me know and I can give you some ROMs to try, otherwise, good luck on your search!
    09-19-2012 09:11 AM
    Hi everyone!

So I would like headphones that I can use to play/stop music and to be able to control the volume as well. Does anyone have any headphones that would be compatible with the Galaxy Nexus (GSM Version)? I know there are tons with the iPhones but I can only find headphones that only have 1 button for the Galaxy Nexus. I'm on a budget so if anyone can help me find compatible, 3 buttons control headphones under $50 that would be awesome. If not, does anyone have any workarounds for this? I heard there are apps out there where you can customize the 1 button control, but I have no knowledge about it. >.<

Thank you guys in advance I really appreciate your time on helping me with this issue.
    I know skullcandy makes some that will work. I noticed them at Best buy. They actually said compatible with android and showed an android on them.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    09-19-2012 10:51 AM
    09-19-2012 12:49 PM
    Do you know what models? And do those headphones have the 3 buttons? (Volume up, down, and center button)

I know skullcandy makes some that will work. I noticed them at Best buy. They actually said compatible with android and showed an android on them.

09-19-2012 06:18 PM
    I believe they were the inked mic but I know they said for Android and belive they had call answer, play, and forward.

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/2011-ink-d-silver-black

09-19-2012 07:58 PM
    It doesn't have 3 buttons.. it looks like it just have one.

I believe they were the inked mic but I know they said for Android and belive they had call answer, play, and forward.

2011 Ink'd Silver/Black (Mic'd)

09-19-2012 10:39 PM
    The Galaxy SIII has 3 buttons but I have not read any posts where someone confirmed they actually work on the Nexus.
    09-20-2012 10:48 AM
    Logitech's UE Ultimate Ears 350vm WORKS!!!!!!
    04-02-2013 09:07 PM
    Hi everyone!

Htc beats solo or urbeats
    Nokia purity ( yes it says windows but works on android it's same set up)

I have the puirty and work on gs3 and gtab 2
    All three buttons
    04-05-2013 02:34 AM
    Htc beats solo or urbeats
    Nokia purity ( yes it says windows but works on android it's same set up)

I have the puirty and work on gs3 and gtab 2
    All three buttons
    Those phones have manufacturer tweaks. The question is what works on a plain vanilla Galaxy Nexus. The answer so far appears to be none.
    04-05-2013 11:04 AM
    Those phones have manufacturer tweaks. The question is what works on a plain vanilla Galaxy Nexus. The answer so far appears to be none.
    It works on Samsung galaxy nexus bc samsung made the phone. The hardware supports it
    ( the center button on the both work as play/ pause and two other buttons work as skip [rewind and forward])

The company that supports the hardware is
    Samsung Sony htc Nokia.

Sg3 the buttons work as volume bc of tweaks
    Nexus made by samsung work as skip.
    04-05-2013 11:15 AM
    Samsung skinned the S3 with additional features. Hardwarewise, Apple holds a patent on how the headset is wired. That is why volume controls on most headsets only work on the iPhone. Samsung got around it with software, but I have yet to see the volume control on a S3 headset work on a Nexus. The "fix" was to tie it to a long press, but Google killed that option with Jelly Bean. It really is the volume control function that people are looking for.

BTW, double taps on the center button on most headsets will skip tracks on the nexus.
    04-05-2013 02:10 PM
    Samsung skinned the S3 with additional features. Hardwarewise, Apple holds a patent on how the headset is wired. That is why volume controls on most headsets only work on the iPhone. Samsung got around it with software, but I have yet to see the volume control on a S3 headset work on a Nexus. The "fix" was to tie it to a long press, but Google killed that option with Jelly Bean. It really is the volume control function that people are looking for.

BTW, double taps on the center button on most headsets will skip tracks on the nexus.
    Apple holds a patent on one type of remote headset. Not all htc has 3button wired headset and so does Sony and Nokia (samsung Nokia htc Sony use same hardware wired headset)
    But use different software like the nExus line and htc use skip(2end buttons) and play/pause(center). While galaxy Sony and Nokia use it for volume (end buttons)and play/pause(center).
    There is limited headset out that will work
    htc beats solo and
    htc old urbeats
    Nokia purity hd
    Nokia purity inear

This types of headsets use different Resistors then made for iPhone headphones

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=t6uXScN5

I have Nokia purity that work on htc samsung phone
    And I have htc urbeats that work on Nokia lumia
    (I tested both of them)
    04-05-2013 08:04 PM
    Can someone please confirm that the volume control on Beats works with the Galaxy Nexus (stock Jelly bean)?
    04-06-2013 09:56 AM
    Can someone please confirm that the volume control on Beats works with the Galaxy Nexus (stock Jelly bean)?
    Here is link on another forum confirming that it works also keep in mind that ibeats there talking
    Is urbeats (htc verison)

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...axy-nexus.html

Google made so that stock android two end buttons skip
    You have root your phone make that two buttons from skip to volume
    Also make so that ur using htc urbeats
    Or htc solo
    Don't use a made for iPhone beats (only the center button will work

Here is a link to both of those headphone on eBay
    HTC BEATS SOLO:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=GFoIn02F

HTC URBEATS :

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=dqAp2zEn
    04-06-2013 11:29 AM
    Thanks. The URBEATS are already sold. Also, I do not wish to root my phone. Guess I will have to wait and see if Android comes up with a way around this. I see an ITC judge just ruled Apple's patent for detecting whether a a headset or earphones has been plugged in was not infringed by Samsung. I think that patent also included the media controls circuitry we have been talking about. I'm anxious to see if this goes any further.

Samsung infringed Apple patent on text selection, says ITC judge | PCWorld
    04-07-2013 11:48 AM
    From what I understand Apple uses a proprietary method for three button headphones. Everyone else uses a industry standard. But since Apple is the most common manufacturer, headphones companies make their headphones Apple compliant. So anything made for another manufacturer (Nokia Samsung HTC) should work, but it won't work the way Apples' do. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    04-07-2013 12:45 PM
    im using the s3 headsets on my nexus but the keys are set as play/pause, forward, and back. works good for me. i know klipsch has an app that lets you maps the keys.
    04-07-2013 01:09 PM
    I use Headset Button Controller for that--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=P5f04kRu
    04-07-2013 01:19 PM
    These below are awesome. They work with my nexus just fine...and cheap! You can also get them in several different colors if you like.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005I2...cUvbUpU2689526

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    04-07-2013 01:22 PM
    HTC makes new headset for the one which has three. Buttons this headset also actives beats audio on the phone

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009E7...cUvbUpU2706085
    04-16-2013 12:37 AM
    A lot of higher end non-earbud headphones (i.e. on-ear or over ear) come with a removable/replaceable cord. I'd be great if someone made a 3 button replacement cord that works with Android.

If anyone knows of any, please let me know.

04-16-2013 09:55 AM
    A lot of higher end non-earbud headphones (i.e. on-ear or over ear) come with a removable/replaceable cord. I'd be great if someone made a 3 button replacement cord that works with Android.

If anyone knows of any, please let me know.

They do

The following will work on gnexus ( for marketing reason and greed they don't say it ). I test the headphone and they work .

Also the Nokia purity hd and in ear
    Htc solo and htc urbeats (ver. 1)
    The also have white beats wireless that come with htc cable that works on gnexus but I think you only find in Carriers stores.
    jean15paul likes this.
    04-16-2013 11:14 AM
    I am still looking for headphones that all three buttons work. Volumes, not skip buttons and the regular play/pause button in the middle. And not bluetooth. Under 50 dollars usd. From what I've read on this thread is there isn't one, at least so far but I can buy a 3 button and Configure it to change volume and not skip? And is it me or can I not find good quality ear buds and not the ones that go all the way in your ear canals?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    04-17-2013 05:04 AM
31 12