Other ways to Screenshot / Screen Capture?

Trax22

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I am almost 3 months in with my Galaxy Nexus, which is running Stock Jelly Bean.

My volume button seems to be unresponsive. I wouldn't have really cared because I don't have no use to put my volume down. However, I use the screenshot feature a lot. This is a necessity for me. I have tried multiple apps to no avail. I would prefer to not root. Any advise is welcome.

The volume down button has acted wacky before, but corrected itself. Also, it worked ok two days ago for a few minutes. But now it seems to be stuck in it's ways. There hasn't been any changes in the way the button feels, or sounds.

Is it possible to get the Palm Swipe Screen Capture Feature from the Galaxy S3 on the Galaxy Nexus?

I understand it's limitations and 'may need root' access, but still crossing my fingers.

Last edited:

Trax22

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to get the Palm Swipe Screen Capture Feature from the Galaxy S III on the Galaxy Nexus?

I understand it's limitations and 'may need root' access, but still crossing my fingers.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to get the Palm Swipe Screen Capture Feature from the Galaxy S III on the Galaxy Nexus?

It'd require a whole bunch of TouchWiz stuff that you're just not gonna get easily.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
How long ago did you buy it? Is it still under warrenty?

Bought it in July.

I'm pretty sure it comes with a 1 year warrenty. Since this is the Google GNex forum, I assume you bought it unlocked from the Play Store. If that's the case you may not be able to work with your carrier (although I guess it doesn't hurt to ask), but you should be able to contact Samsung directly about getting a warrenty replacement.

Trax22

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I will definitely look into that. I just hate getting burnt from all these companies/carriers that I figured I'd try the community first.

And I still haven't given up hope.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums