Nexus, Exchange and Straight Talk

HalM

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
After reading about Straight Talk here and a few other places I decided to give it a try. Setup is a piece of cake on the Nexus and I thought everything was 100%. But a few days later, I started to notice a sever lag in email being delivered to my phone. I googled the issue and found a few similar problems with the resolution being to use Touchdown. So I install Touchdown and thought all was well.

But after a few more days I realized I was in the exact same place. The only way to get email from our Exchange server (E2010, SP2, RU4) was a manual sync. I next tried a hard reset of the phone and still had the same issue with the native client and Touchdown. I followed this by enabling wi-fi and email came in just as expected. Turn wi-fi off and no email.

My AT&T account is still active so I installed the SIM, added the AT&T APN, deleted the Straight Talk APN, and power cycled the phone. All is well, everything works just as it should.

What's up with Straight Talk? Anyone have this problem and fix it? Is there a setting for Straight Talk that is not part of their setup spec's.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I've got a new Outlook.com address syncing via Exchange in the stock 4.1.1 "EMail" app and it seems to be working on Straight Talk (AT&T).

Are you using the "proxy" line in the APN settings? This seems to be the cause of most problems for people... I've been running for just over a month on ST with the proxy disabled and have had no problems at all. It's simple so I'd try that.

Also, are you using GMail at all? I'd be curious to see if push email was working fine on the GMail app.

HalM

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay, thanks. That seems to have everything working. I'll test for a few more days, then port my number. :)

Appreciate the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781