Pandora App Issue

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody else experience Pandora not working properly?
My problem is when I use Pandora on my Gnex, it would play one song and I would put it in my pocket but when the song is over it doesn't play another track or anything. Could this be a data connection issue or the app itself? I have to manually refresh the app for it to play another song. Anyone have a solution for this?

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a data connection issue. The does it still happen on a good wifi connection?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I will get this when I have been in a dead zone too long. And it seems that Pandora and the phone are fighting for a connection which delays getting a connection even longer.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If it only does it when you stick in your pocket, I would go out on a limb and say it's being inadvertently unlocked and then the screen is on and the stop button gets hit. Does it do it if you if you are just walking along with the screen off holding it in your hand at pocket level?

Do you have "Screen Auto Lock" turned on in settings? Otherwise the screen could stay on.

The pocket can't be causing a data loss. If it was Data loss the song would stop anywhere, not at the end like you mention... Are you on BT headphones or wired?

Last edited:

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
If it only does it when you stick in your pocket, I would go out on a limb and say it's being inadvertently unlocked and then the screen is on and the stop button gets hit. Does it do it if you if you are just walking along with the screen off holding it in your hand at pocket level?

Do you have "Screen Auto Lock" turned on in settings? Otherwise the screen could stay on.

The pocket can't be causing a data loss. If it was Data loss the song would stop anywhere, not at the end like you mention... Are you on BT headphones or wired?

I manually turn the screen off before I put it in my pocket. Seems like it does it at any level I put it at. And I am on wired headphones. It would play the whole song, then never go on to the next track. Unless I manually do it.

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue with Pandora over Bluetooth. I tried clearing the cache and a force stop, to no avail. After uninstalling and reinstalling, I haven't had any issues.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I manually turn the screen off before I put it in my pocket. Seems like it does it at any level I put it at. And I am on wired headphones. It would play the whole song, then never go on to the next track. Unless I manually do it.
I went through the settings pretty carefully, and have never seen an option to play 1 song...and like I mentioned if it was Data, it wouldn't quit at the end it would quit any time.

Have you tried it with out the headphones, maybe they have a stuck button, or some odd short. That would tell if its the phone or headphones.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
...and like I mentioned if it was Data, it wouldn't quit at the end it would quit any time.

That's not necessarily true. Pandora caches a certain amount of data (that's how you can get through an elevator ride without stopping). I'd try it out with Wifi,or in a place with a great signal to see if you still have issues.

howlingwind

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but bumping with a solution to help others using Wi-Fi avoid the time I spent trying to fix.

Same thing was happening to me but over Wi-Fi with a solid signal. I had to set Wi-Fi optimization to "OFF" to fix the issue. So, Wi-Fi optimization doesn't play nice with some apps.

I can't think of any reason that Pandora over 4G would stop during sleep unless there is a similar optimization setting hiding somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463