Help with rooting my nexus.

neuralwolf

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So I want to connect my PS3 controller to my new Galaxy Nexus, but when I use Sixaxis Compatibility Checker, it tells me that my phones needs to be rooted. So now I want to root my phone just for this reason (and for future customization).

I currently have

GSM Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ from google store.

Android version: 4.1.1

Build number: JR003C

Can someone give me a single step by step guide to doing this. TY in advance.

neuralwolf

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok so now I have another problem, I get the "ADB device was not found" message when i try to unlock device using Nexus Root toolkit v.1.5.3. what do I do?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend the toolkit. Problem being that when there are issues, you have no idea what happened and you're stuck often in a state where you're not able to recover the device without serious troubleshooting. If you do it manually, you'd know what was going on.

Rooting is one of the most simple things ever on a Nexus. You unlock the bootloader, flash a recovery, flash the superuser binary, push superuser.apk and you're done. You don't need a toolkit to do that. Take a look: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ock-bootloader-root-verizon-galaxy-nexus.html

If you get "ADB" not found on Windows, you're likely having a driver issue. Or you haven't enabled "USB Debugging" on your phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae