Galaxy Nexus Turns Off In Pocket Frequently

chaseman28

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought the unlocked Galaxy Nexus from the Play Store back in May and it had been fine up until about a month ago. I was walking around with it in my pocket (not unheard of) and when I took it out, it had shut down. I turned it back on and it didn't do it again until a few weeks ago. Now it seems like every few days. It has yet to happen while I am using it, only in my pocket. I thought maybe the power button was being pushed but I tried turning the phone off myself that way and you have to select either shut down or airplane mode. You can't just hold it down. Has anyone had a similar problem or know of this being consistent with some type of damage?

Thanks

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've not had this happen, but if it were me, the first thing I would do is take out the battery, clean the contacts on the battery and the phone, and re-seat the battery pressing all around to make sure it was firmly in place. If the battery is slightly out of place or there is dust or grime on the contacts, the jostling in your pocket as you walk may be moving it just enough for it to lose power momentarily, causing a shutdown. Just a thought.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
My Nokia eventually started doing that as well. I found that as the phone aged the spring hold the battery weakened and just a quick disconnect while moving around in my pocket would cause the phone to shut down. My solution for that phone was to slide a small piece of a folded business card into the space on the opposite end of the contacts on the battery to keep it snug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463