Need a new extended battery

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys....
My gnex works great except for it's battery performance....m very poised at it....
M thinking of buying an extended battery to help my cause...
I need help to choose....
I have seen seidio battery n all...to bully n to expensive....
Any extended battery with enough power n which dos does not add a big bulge on the ball of the fone will do....
Please help me find one....
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
ebay my friend. I got an extended battery (rated at 2000mAh) and a battery door to fit it. Cost me about $30 (CND). Best part, it's a Samsung battery, so I know NFC still works.

randyw

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the The Samsung OEM 2000 mAh Extended Battery and Battery Door on ebay for 33 bucks. It's not as big as some of the Seidio battery's but I will buy OEM battery's only. Batterys other than OEM have a habit of catching on fire. It is a larger battery but only adds a couple of MM to the phone getting rid of the "hump" at the bottom of the phone It also a little heavier and to me makes the phone feel more solid..

- - - Updated - - -

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Just was wondering...is 2000mAh battery life long enough to last an entire day...or should I be looking at 3600mAh.?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, the 2000 and/or 2100 mAh pretty much gives you an extra 10%-15% battery life at the end of the day...it's almost nothing, man. Others love it, but I honestly think that's more to do with the fact that it also adds barely any size or heft to the phone whatsoever. I went the other direction with it ; I got the 3500mAh from Amazon, which adds a ton of heft - both size and weight. But I absolutely love it. You may be more like the others and will wanna go for the 2100, since you care about the size of your phone - so I'd probably recommend that one to you. But I would also warn that you probably won't notice an improvement in your battery life - if you do, it'll be very minimal. I wish there were an in-between, something like a 2700 maybe? lol... something that wasn't over-the-top giant but still gave enough power boost to actually make a difference.

By the way, if you're worried about cost - I spent exactly (looking at the Amazon order right now) $18.23 and got a 3500mAh extended battery, with NFC, from a brand I didn't recognize. I took the risk because it was so cheap, I figured if it didn't work it wouldn't be a huge loss, and I'd just get the SEIDIO. Well, lo and behold, there was no need to go for Seidio (as much as I love their cases!) at all...I bought it July 23rd, 2012 and have used it ever since. It works flawlessly, and the battery life has been absolutely incredible. The brand is called "Onite". Here's a link: Amazon.com: Onite 3500mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus I9250 (Sprint), Samsung Google Nexus 3, Samsung Galaxy X ,Battery With NFC & Back Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories
The price seems to have slightly increased to $22 right now, unfortunately - but that's still way cheaper than Seido's pricing on its 3600mAh battery.

edited to add: Yeah I don't know why the title of the item (and the corresponding URL link) is so varied and confusing, either. It even mentions Sprint in there. Onite has several listings on Amazon - although when I checked my order history, it takes me to that one, and I'm very sure the title was not all of that when I bought it. It works 100% perfectly fine in my Play Store, GSM, Galaxy Nexus. Whether it works in anything else; sorry, no idea. Just wanted to add this in here.

Hope someone can find this useful. I will definitely be buying another Onite in the future, if the price stays in this range!

shkim698

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've changed my stock battery to 2300 mAh (Link here the one I purchased). I bought this one in particular because this does not add extra bulge at the back, the same reason you gave and it was incredibly cheap as well (not sure about NFC though). After the replacement, I did find extra couple of hours of normal usage out of it but not a massive improvement.

There is another way of improving your battery is using a custom rom with franco kernel as well. I used AOKP with franco before but changed to CNA with franco and I have found to be the greatest improvement on my battery. My galaxy nexus would roughly be around 40-50% before I go to sleep if I charge my phone in the morning.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The stock battery barely would last the day. The 2000mAh does just fine for my needs. Usually 30% at the end of the day

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks jonneh...I would really look into this brand for sure.....can u just post an image of ur fone so that I can c the bulge at the back...hope u don't mind that....
M from India n have to look at Amazon alternatives....May b on eBay...!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463