Share what you find in Jelly Bean 4.2

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
will 4.2 on the Galaxy Nexus support Miracast? I see no evidence that it will, there is nothing to set up. Please let me know if I am missing something.

canterp

Although Miracast is a 4.2 feature, I believe that currently only the Nexus 4 can access its abilities. Over on the Nexus 7 forums, someone was able to confirm that the N7 could see the miracast device but not enable the mirroring function.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I first thought the clock with the bold first number was not so great. Now that I have it sitting on my desk in it's dock I really like it. It was a bold move to try something 'not safe' and push the aesthetic like they are doing and it works for me. It's really distancing itself from the fruit phone.

I feel the same way about the clock as you do.

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I was eager to test the new Google Now cards like Package Tracking, etc. So I ordered something online and paid via Google Wallet. My e-mail account used is my GMAIL account. The package shipped 3 days ago and is set to be delivered today. I have not recieved any sort of card/notification regarding the package tracking. I went as far as typing into my search browser "FedEx Tracking XXXXXXXXXXXXXX" and Google Now is still not picking it up. I then signed up for tracking notification via FedEx with my GMAIL and Google Now is still not picking it up.

android-42-google-now.jpg

circleinsideabox

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Right since upgrade to 4.2 my battery is discharged over just a few hours. I've figured out that it is the Exchange Service process - it discharged my phone ( during night time ) in 4 hours, and 86% of battery was used by this process. The same is on my wife's phone.

Me & my wife are using Google Galaxy Nexus.
same thing over here! I disabled Exchange because of it and my phone is still draining fast and charging slow!

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Two things to add that haven't been said... I think. :cool:

PRO: Stopwatch is back! Yay! Missed this when it was removed in ICS.
CON: Camera does not autorotate to landscape when autorotate is off. 99% of the time I hate autorotate. However, in all other Android versions, even if autorotate was OFF, when you rotated the camera to landscape mode, it would override the fact that autorotate was off... I miss this feature.

slosh74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was eager to test the new Google Now cards like Package Tracking, etc. So I ordered something online and paid via Google Wallet. My e-mail account used is my GMAIL account. The package shipped 3 days ago and is set to be delivered today. I have not recieved any sort of card/notification regarding the package tracking. I went as far as typing into my search browser "FedEx Tracking XXXXXXXXXXXXXX" and Google Now is still not picking it up. I then signed up for tracking notification via FedEx with my GMAIL and Google Now is still not picking it up.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/sites/computerworld.com/files/u177/android-42-google-now.jpg

i don't think it works like how your expecting it to all it does is scan the email and picks up if your package has shipped and informs you of it within Google now and gives you the option to track the package via the web or view the email itself withing your default email app

it does actually show cards that say were you package is at currently and such

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
using Android Central Forum

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i don't think it works like how your expecting it to all it does is scan the email and picks up if your package has shipped and informs you of it within Google now and gives you the option to track the package via the web or view the email itself withing your default email app

it does actually show cards that say were you package is at currently and such

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
using Android Central Forum

Maybe you misread my post. I expect it to provide a Google Now card of some sort. Google Now does not present ANYTHING at all related to the FedEx Package. And like I described, I have taken extra steps to try and get it to know I am expecting a package.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I found the following apps not currently compatiable with 4.2: HBOgo, MX Player (free version).

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed there is no HDR option in the camera? Is the GSM GNex not capable of taking that kind of pictures?

I've tried MX Player (free) and it kept crashing on me too. I was hoping for the HDR in the camera app (I snagged the camera zip before the factory images were available and it didn't have them either). I'm guessing the HDR option is disabled for the Gnex, although I'm kinda hoping that once 4.2 ROMs start popping up that someone can integrate it

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just found another cool feature.... When you set an alarm, go to your quick settings and you will notice that the alarm will be added to the space.

This makes sense now why there was an empty block. Maybe other apps have our will have this function.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Resetting my device is a world of difference solved all my issues!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I just reset my phone too. I figured I have updates my phone from all ice cream sandwich updates to all jelly bean updates , now would be a good time to start fresh.

I too noticed a much another experience throughout the device.

KlineAJ

Jul 8, 2010
www.KlineAJ.com

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The clock app is so great. Not only does it show up in your quick setting s, see above post, it also has a lap feature built in for those who run or track others that run.

runningman3433

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
i bought a used nexus unlocked w tmobile and it has supersu installed alread. Was mine rooted?

my android version is 4.2 , the kernel says it was 3.0.31-gd5a18e0 built on nov 2? is that right?

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you misread my post. I expect it to provide a Google Now card of some sort. Google Now does not present ANYTHING at all related to the FedEx Package. And like I described, I have taken extra steps to try and get it to know I am expecting a package.

I've received tracking numbers in my Gmail but Google Now isn't picking mine up either.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i bought a used nexus unlocked w tmobile and it has supersu installed alread. Was mine rooted?

my android version is 4.2 , the kernel says it was 3.0.31-gd5a18e0 built on nov 2? is that right?

At one point the phone may have been rooted. Can't tell unless I see it. Maybe someone else can chime in. The kernel version is correct. Build should be JOP40C.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance