Share what you find in Jelly Bean 4.2

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So far I found some additional options in the developer settings. There is a new digital and analog clock widget, and Google included the old weather and news widget. There is also new transition effects noticeable when multitasking. Unfortunately what I didn't find was the nexus 4 wallpapers. I did not include some of the other stuff, ie two finger swipe from top of screen, to keep the post short.

What have YOU found that others may not know about?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Found some more goodies; the stock browser s blue progress bar is " sloppy". Don't know how else to explain it other than its not solid line, rather uneven.

I also found the light sensor is more sensitive.

Update: seems that that sloppy blue progress bar went away after navigating through several web pages.

Last edited:

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I manually flashed it. Got the update zip from android central

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Good evening! I just manually flashed 4.2 and have found exactly what Mr. Nickinson and Mr. Martonik described in their respective articles on lockscreen widgets and Google Voice app issues, respectively. I sent in my system data when GV crashed in the hopes that it will help with bug fixes. The camera app circle is quite different, but I like the ability to move the focus off-center by dragging the it to a desired point. Enjoy the update!

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I really like the lock screen widgets and hope they add more, like Google voice.

codejinchu

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
So far I like all the little changes. Maybe it just me but I'm not a fan into the font of the clock numbers in the lock screen, I prefer the old ones. I wish I can to the old style font but I can't. Also while the lock screen is a welcome addition I have seen other ROMS do a nicer job. I know this will evolve as time goes on. Anyone who never use swift key will find Google new type system satisfying. I also find myself looking at my Google + account more often now that my picture is there when the quick settings is pull down. The clock app is nice now and again I wish I could have the analog clock in the lock screen.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I found different settings for the "day dream" feature. Its pretty neat that I can set it to go off when I plug it in. Makes me feel better for not having a dock.

Side note; does anyone have the Nexus 4 wallpapers baked in? I got the ota for my Nexus 7 and they were in.
Maybe its because the N7 is a higher resolution. Anyways, just curious.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't feel stupid, its not that obvious. On the lock screen, swipe from the left to the right. An empty page should appear with a "plus symbol". Hit the plus and a minimal list of app widgets will appear.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Day dream is like a computers screen saver. You can set it to activate once plugged for charging or if its connected to a dock. You can activate different day dreams. There's a multi color day dream, clock day dream , and photo day dream.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Also discovered that if you set multiple time zones in the clock app, all zones can be seen on the lock screen with the clock widget. Simply take one finger and swipe down. This should reveal all time zones you entered. Swipe back up and the lock toggle will show up again.

sherwin892

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Turned on the stand-by button while the phone was in my pocket. And when I look at the lock screen it gave me a different view of the widgets. They were in a carousel similar to a few launchers and the unlock slider on the right side. Not really sure how I did it tho

KernWillia

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I manually flashed it. Got the update zip from android central
bNE

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you have a custom launcher, like Nova. Q custom launcher allows landscape mode on the home screen and lock screen. The carousel you described sounds just like my Nexus 7 when the lock screen is in landscape mode.

slosh74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
also after my update i noticed this random "tile" folder in my picture gallery :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
using Android Central Forum

Last edited:

slosh74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
also after my update i noticed this random "tile" folder in my picture gallery :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
using Android Central Forum

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae