My wife and I both have Blackberry 9930 Bolds and are fairly content with them but would still like to upgrade. The problem is we are still under contract for nearly 6 months and there is no way I am going to pay full price for any phone. We also have a daughter who has been working her butt off to pay for the difference in having a smart phone over a basic phone. I had pretty much given up on our own phones but since the daughter wants a smart phone so bad I decided to do some research and see if we could find a decent used smartphone that she would be happy with. While searching I read several times that a Galaxy Nexus is still a great phone and is on par with a Galaxy S3 after the Jelly Bean update. We already own two Nexus 7 tablets and love them so I thought heck maybe this could be an option. I looked them up and sure enough I can easily buy a like new Galaxy Nexus for around $200. The best part is I can sell my Blackberry 9930's for slightly more on average than the Galaxy Nexus's costs. Basically I am here to ask if it is worth me doing. My gut is saying yes. I am basically just exchanging my Blackberry and the kid gets a really good Android phone. Basically I am just wanting confirmation from people that own these phones along with maybe some insight to something I may not have noticed.
    11-14-2012 04:55 PM
    I enjoy my GN. I listen to 20 podcasts a day, have all my music in Google Music, browse the web, use searches and maps everyday. The list goes on. The GN is still a fine phone. It will get you by for at least another year. Still plenty fast, with adequate camera and vid. A smaller duplicate of your N7, so it will be completely familiar. With the 4.2 update you'll have the latest OS that other top tier Android phones won't have for month's.

Go for it!
    11-14-2012 06:30 PM
    I've had my G-Nex for about 2 months and I still like it a lot, despite the coming of the Nexus 4, which I'm still on the fence about buying. I think I'm just gonna wait for the initial rush to die down before committing to one and selling the G-Nex.

The G-Nex is still a snappy phone and it gets updates very quickly straight from Google (just got my 4.2 OTA update today). It deals with my crazy multitasking well with very few hiccups. Perhaps its only drawback is the 5MP camera, but in the end, it's a phone camera and I accept that.
    11-14-2012 11:21 PM
    I've thought about going this route but my only concern is the volume issue.
    11-15-2012 04:01 PM
    I just got my GNex earlier this week. I debated on the Nexus 4 but decided I would get the GNex since it would be cheaper. I love this phone!
    11-16-2012 09:54 PM