someone give me a quick run-down on chargers/charging?

mgh24

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
So I picked up a used GNex in excellent condition (the guy is ordering an N7 as soon as he can), but it has no charger, just the mini-USB cable. Can I use the Apple 2-prong adapter that plugs into the wall (thrilled to be rid of the old 3GS too!)? I don't know what the wall adapter actually does. Does it protect the phone, or lower current into it? Can I use any old adapter with a female USB connection? I would like to be able to plug it into the wall overnight.

Thanks for any help.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just checked the charger for my Gnex and compared it to the charger for my wifey's iPhone 4s. Both have exactly the same output so you should be fine.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on your upgrade and welcome to the Nexus!

I have to admit, I'm not as careful as I probably should be regarding voltage output, but I have used plenty of different chargers without adverse effect. This includes iPhone, Palm, other samsung, motorola, HTC and even my bluetooth chargers. It's one of the beauties of having a standard system.

Also, if you do happen to mess up the battery somehow, you can always buy a new one and pop it in.

Nb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay