White bars on side of lock screen on v4.2

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
With the OTA 4.2 update when I wake up my GNex there are these white bars on each side of the screen. They are there for about 1-2 seconds and then go away.

Anyone know what that is? It's sort of like " ] [ " those symbols on each side of the screen in that orientation.

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It works better if you put your thumb on the clock widget and swipe down. You'll see it puts a white outline around the screens. This puts the lockscreen into "widget mode" I guess you can call it. So you can swipe between screens easier and it pushes the unlock slider down and out of the way. This is how you edit the screens and add widgets. To get back to the unlock just tap the small padlock at the bottom.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
That's way easier to do it that way.

It works better if you put your thumb on the clock widget and swipe down. You'll see it puts a white outline around the screens. This puts the lockscreen into "widget mode" I guess you can call it. So you can swipe between screens easier and it pushes the unlock slider down and out of the way. This is how you edit the screens and add widgets. To get back to the unlock just tap the small padlock at the bottom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay