Any one else hate the new lockscreen Clock?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I honestly thought it was bugged when I first saw it.After installing 4.2 JB.

I thought it looked like a crappy widget first time try.

Anyway there is a "fix clock" widget available for anyone dying for a rewind to 4.1 fonts. It has a few settings. I was relieved to find it.

IMHO drugs were involved when the dual fonts were approved.. ;)

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not fond of the font either. What I like even less is that none of the settings are saved when you change them. I tried changing the clock to analog and also added 2 cites to show their times. It all shows up in the app but is not saved when you exit so the lockscreen still looks the same.

Correction: The changes are being saved somewhere, they just do not display on the lockscreen. If I open the app all my changes still show on the screen.

Last edited:

hellomiggy

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I really don't mind the tall roboto font, but I don't like the Bold Hour Font. What was in 4.2 Release Preview/Developer Devices looked awesome, tall plain and the same. Now... now it just looks weird.

michap

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I really hate it to, I'm going to buy an iPhone next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(or not)

tallmike00

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I am with the ones who DO NOT like the new 4.2 clock digits. The clock was fine on 4.1 so why not just add the timer and stopwatch functionality without having to play around with the clock as it was? I am not super thrilled by what they did with the alarm clock either. On 4.1 there were two distinct fields which you could hit, one for snooze and one for dismiss. Now, you have to swipe one way or the other. I use my Gnex for an alarm clock because I find it enjoyable to wake up to Cesium at a relatively low sound volume. I much prefer a gentle wake up nudge than an abrasive sound. Some of these changes would be much nicer if set up as options under "settings" rather than a force feed.

gtp20

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I hate it as well. The bold hour looks stupid. I spent and hour trying to figure out what was wrong with it until I realized they actually wanted it to look like crap.

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it but I really hate the entire 4.2 update. The new lock screen looks like crap and is insecure, the new quick settings are pedestrian compared to power toggles, and the multi user garbage has really over complicated the file structure and made a mess out of migrations and root apps. I could go on and on and complain about the fact that they ruined airplane mode etc but I've got better things to do. I couldn't stand it so I personally installed CM10 m2 after trying 4.2 for a couple of days. I may try CMs version of 4.2 when its ready to see if they did a better job with it.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it but I really hate the entire 4.2 update. The new lock screen looks like crap and is insecure, the new quick settings are pedestrian compared to power toggles, and the multi user garbage has really over complicated the file structure and made a mess out of migrations and root apps. I could go on and on and complain about the fact that they ruined airplane mode etc but I've got better things to do. I couldn't stand it so I personally installed CM10 m2 after trying 4.2 for a couple of days. I may try CMs version of 4.2 when its ready to see if they did a better job with it.

I may do that as well. Usually, the CM versions will "fix" the stock ROMs shortcomings.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was trying my best to adjust to the other changes...but I'm with you folks. They don't need to put in half baked changes as if they were Samsung or Apple. Less is usually better. Keep it simple.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't much care for the new lock screen, or the widgets on it, but I have no problem with the clock widget. I actually kind of like it. I don't like a busy lock screen, and so don't add additional widgets on my home screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

forestinjersey

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I like the new clock, didn't like the right swipe to camera or the other widgets. I use the Lock screen Policy app to switch them off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sidamos

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
My problem with the new clock is not the font, but the fact that it does not display date and alarm time when in dock/Daydream mode.

mgh24

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I am very new to Android, so maybe someone with patience can explain to me how I add the fixclock widget (or any widget for that matter) to my lock screen? I can place the widget on any of my other screens, but cannot figure out how to put it on the lock screen. I didn't find anything on a google search other than some apps for adding lock screen widgets. Is this not a native function?
And yea, I don't like the bold font either.

TIA

Last edited:

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am very new to Android, so maybe someone with patience can explain to me how I add the fixclock widget (or any widget for that matter) to my lock screen? I can place the widget on any of my other screens, but cannot figure out how to put it on the lock screen. I didn't find anything on a google search other than some apps for adding lock screen widgets. Is this not a native function?
And yea, I don't like the bold font either.

TIA

I'm not exactly sure how I did it, and you're correct, the instructions are definitely MIA.

I would start from the existing lock screen page, put your finger on left edge of screen, and then swipe right. You should see a big "?". Click on the "+" and you should, assuming you've installed it, be able to select the new widget. I think you may have to then delete the existing widget and slide the new one over. Honestly at that point I just fumbled around until I got it to be on the main lock screen. Its really not clear at all how the install works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21