Unlocked my nexus , have some question before i proceed plz

khuzema

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
i am on my way to root it now guys, need help with few questions to remove

1. what if i root it and dont do anything else , what are its benefits, and will i still get ota
2. if i install a custom ROM , WILL i get ota. and where will be my stock rom and how i can get it back.
3. ehy do ineed to install a custom recovery while rooting.. will it effect my ota and how can i go back to my original recovery. i hope somebody sheds light on all these, as my phone is unlocked and i am waiting for answers to further proceed, thanx

i used sdk method to install sdk and pdanet to install driver, it didnot work, it didnot work so i went to samsung website to get latest driver,
2 more questions please, not to lot to ask infact from you guys ,,:p, 4.2.1 is rolling out , if i root it and install custom recovery , will i get it,, and how to back up my app settings, data even the user id and password for all apps,

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i am on my way to root it now guys, need help with few questions to remove

1. what if i root it and dont do anything else , what are its benefits, and will i still get ota
2. if i install a custom ROM , WILL i get ota. and where will be my stock rom and how i can get it back.
3. ehy do ineed to install a custom recovery while rooting.. will it effect my ota and how can i go back to my original recovery. i hope somebody sheds light on all these, as my phone is unlocked and i am waiting for answers to further proceed, thanx

i used sdk method to install sdk and pdanet to install driver, it didnot work, it didnot work so i went to samsung website to get latest driver,
2 more questions please, not to lot to ask infact from you guys ,,:p, 4.2.1 is rolling out , if i root it and install custom recovery , will i get it,, and how to back up my app settings, data even the user id and password for all apps,

1. yes u ll get OTA
2. No you wont get OTA, stock can be got back by doing this http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...er-factory-restore-root-any-nexus-device.html
3. you wont get OTA on custom rom but to get stock recovery and stock OS follow link in step 2.

you dont need samsung or pdanet drivers. follow my guide i linked above. i also explain how to install drivers. it works like a charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781