What the heck happend to my headset volume in 4.2.1?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The max volume has dramatically dropped in the Play Music app after the latest update. It was never great, but at least you could compensate somewhat by tweaking the EQ settings. No more. Anyone else notice this?

luscus

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
You are not the only one, and the worst part about it there is not even a PIP from Google to fix this Issue. And they want you to buy another Nexux?????

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I am facing similar problem....after u Psy ur song try putting the equalizer off n then on...well have to do it with every song u play.....stupid thing but works....
I really hope Google fixes this......but I haven't heard this issue coming up on any forum till now.....wonder y...
Lemme know whether it worked ur not....:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I talked to a dev from one of the programs that boosted the volume very well before 4.2 and he said there is nothing that can be done as Google changed something to prevent being able to make changes to the sound. I think he said they might have changed the global equalizer API. Now I was able to hook up a BT speaker at home and it sounds great and is quite loud when listening to music.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums