Should I upgrade?

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I was long time apple user, but got my new Nexus 7 and I love it. I have iphone 4 atm, and I have a friend that needs iphone, and offering me samsung galaxy nexus (new) for direct exchange? Is nexus much better than iphone 4? Only thing that I think that I will miss is ios, but it seems that google play will get its way in this battle. So the main q is, how much better is Nexus than iphone 4? What I will get, and lose in this exchange?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Musicboxrobot

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Just ing upgrade to a nexus man. Ull never look back. Its an incredible experience than what iOs has to offer. I myself had an ipad n gave to my sisters as soon as i got my N7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I love Nexus 7, buf booth os are awsome to have. I just wNder is the nexus much faster than iphone 4. Will it be big upgrade? Can't find VS with those too...

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If he'll do a direct exchange and you really want to go Android you can't go wrong with the GNex. I picked up a GNex in August (got sick of my HTC Amaze and was able to buy and sell for no profit or loss) and and have been happy with it.

I was all excited to go to the Nexus 4 but the longer I use my GNex with 4.2 (especially a custom ROM) the more I don't feel in a hurry to have an N4

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else? Still can't find pros and cons... :(

Musicboxrobot

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I will be honest I'm waiting on my n4 as we write. I just find the iPhone to simple for my tasting. If your into simplicity an child play stick with the iPhone. I know a few friends that upgraded to an android phone from an iPhone an hate their android phone. Its not meant for everyone.

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I do not understand... i use phone to work on a play in theatre, mixing music... that's something that iphone do with charm :) so no simple child games :) i need serious phone.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem is that comparing iOS to Android in many ways is apples to Oranges and depends on use case.

Perfect example is me. Even though I have an Android phone I use an iPad 1 as my tablet because it's for factor and app selection are better for my work flow in the field.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I'd do a quick check on play.google.com to make sure any specific apps you need are available before trading.

In general though, you'll find everything you need in the Play Store. You'll lose some of the pixel perfect polish of some apps but you'll gain a lot in terms of system integration and app interaction. That and you have so many more options for customization and granular settings (if you're into that sort of thing).

If you've got a Mac/Apple TV and you use AirPlay though, I'd say keep your iPhone. That's the one thing that Apple has really nailed that Google hasn't yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
OK dudes. In few hours I will finaly go all android! Geting my iphone 4 16gb for brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16gb. I hope that I am not making a mistake, according to comparisons online, I am definitely not.

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
If someone think that I shouldn't do that please say now, or be silent forever :)

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Basically do you like your Nexus 7 and can you live without what your iPhone can do that your Nexus can't?

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE Nexus 7. And iphone 4 seems a bit slower every day (defending apple for long time, but this is just fact, iphone 4 can't realy stand ios6). So it seems that galaxy nexus is mich faster phone, and seems i will get a phone that I will be able to use for a least 1 more year, with all new updayes. (Correct me if I am wrong)

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE Nexus 7. And iphone 4 seems a bit slower every day (defending apple for long time, but this is just fact, iphone 4 can't realy stand ios6). So it seems that galaxy nexus is mich faster phone, and seems i will get a phone that I will be able to use for a least 1 more year, with all new updayes. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Sounds about right. If for any reason Google doesn't continue to support it though, the dev community will for a good while. It's really not hard to unlock/root a Nexus and pretty much impossible to brick.

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thats it... going to store... bye bhe apple... untill i got n7 never realized how boring ios is...

Sent from my Nexus 7

the1dynasty

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
The 2 year old Nexus S just stopped receiving "official" updates as of the latest Android 4.2 update... I'd expect the Galaxy Nexus to stop officially receiving updates about 1 year from now... So you'll have at least that much time of updates in which Android "Key Lime Pie" (Android 5.0 or whatever version number it will be) will certainly be out before then...

My Nexus S 4G is running nearly perfect since I put "unofficially" Android 4.2 on it... The only downside I think is battery life... But then again, it never was great battery life especially since I have 4G always on... My phone running Ice Cream Sandwich was comparable to the iPhone 4... My phone running Jellybean beats the iPhone 4 and even the 4S in some areas... The Galaxy Nexus is much improved over my phone... So that should tell you if its a good decision or not :-D

Sent from my Crespo4G using Tapatalk 2

15israellai

May 9, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I wouldn't have recommended the GNex now that we have N4. But without this consideration, the GNex is an awesome phone alright.

Transmitted from my Nexus Prime

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all!!! Signature says it all... no more iphone 4!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz