Facebook - Network Error

knightfall

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
This new app by Facebook is quick and very sleek, but on my Galaxy Nexus I am now continually getting network connection errors with the app.

I jump to other apps to see if I am having an issue with my WiFi or carrier, but there's no issues anywhere else.

The problem in Facebook seems to occur after looking through photos and albums. This morning I was going through contacts and seeing who didn't have a picture. Then via Facebook I'd find that person and use the "set as" feature.

Just about every second time I did this, the network problem comes up. I've rebooted the phone but the problem finds its way back to me.

Anyone experiencing this? Ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edfunkycold

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I am also, I sent an email to the app support via play store. While on 4g or wifi I get network error and the app won't refresh. On 3g it works quite well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

oddtay

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Constant network errors on two Galaxy Nexus' that I own. I've found that if I kill the app it will work for a while.

knightfall

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the app off and on all day on my tablet, and haven't had an issue. I should turn I off my radio on my Nexus and see if it's more reliable on wifi only.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes got the error all the time while checking out the latest release of the fb app...the app is much better than before except for the network error!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

emogeni

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
After updating my Google Nexus Facebook App to the new Facebook. I keep on getting the Network Error message and I cant be able to use Facebook.

Vortex13

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I am getting this on my Nexus 4 but only on the carrier side. Wifi working fine.
I get the exact same thing on my Nexus 4, but even when it says network error sometimes you just have to refresh and it goes away. Is anyone else having a problem with the twitter app when sending a tweet saying "tweet can not be sent saved to drafts"?

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The solution (crude though it may be) to the Network Error problem is to uninstall/reinstall Facebook.

I've had to do this every few days on my Nexus 7 since their last update. Let's hope FB fixes this, pronto.

Teaks

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The new Facebook app is great on my EVO, the best yet, but is almost completely useless on my Nexus 7. If I restart it will work for a minute, maybe, but there is no way I'm going to keep restarting or uninstalling and reinstalling.

hellomiggy

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
the only thing I suggest and it's what I did. I downgraded to 1.9.12. It's working fine. I was using the new one when it first came out and it worked great. I don't know if there was an update, that ruined it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
It's happening on my Nexus, Nexus 7, Droid Bionic and Lenovo ThinkPad tablet.

I figure it's a matter of time before we get notified by Facebook that for a donation they will fix it. They gotta make up their loss somewhere, right?

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Now even the app crashes often.....Facebook really needs to fix this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

weaseltraps

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I may have a solution for my Nexus 7 on JB...

I removed the OS level Facebook account in Settings, cleared the Facebook app data and cache and voila... No more network connection error. I'm curious if any of you get similar results? Maybe the FB server side no likey too many/redundant connections from the same MAC address/ip? Doesn't seem to be an issue on the desktop though with multiple browsers and chat connections.

The account does get recreated but I'm going on 4 hours without any connection errors.

Never mind... Network errors have returned.

Last edited:

Geno Smith

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
After reading ppl who uninstall then reinstall to work for a few days lead me to try clearing out the data cache under androids settings. I did this and worked. For now..

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone getting network error on Facebook? Facebook is not refreshing at all. Nexus 4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol