Google Wallet Prepaid Card Refund

bloo0153

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I just went to give anyone reading this a heads up. I received by Google Wallet prepaid card refund in the mail today in the form of a MasterCard gift card. The envelope or enclosed letter gave no indication it was from Google. The "From" field of the letter listed "IRR CREAM". The card issuer was MetaBank. The letter stated, "Recently, you reported your Everywhere reward MasterCard lost or stolen. Attached is your replacement card." I thought my identity had been stolen or something so I gave the number on the card a call. This is when they explained the card was from Google. Very bizarre.

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Glad I found this post. I received mine yesterday and spent the entire day thinking my identity had been stolen! I was seriously thinking over all the things I'd have to do to deal with that headache. So not worth it for $10.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
What a relief!! Like others..I was worried that my identity had been stolen..But I had a hunch that it could be Google since the card read "Debit"....I found this thread in my Google search..Glad to say..I am now relieved. Thanks to OP for the headz up!

biz79

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I just received my card in the mail and thought my identity was stolen as well. Shame on Google for a near heart attack!

krautdog

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What a relief!! Like others..I was worried that my identity had been stolen..But I had a hunch that it could be Google since the card read "Debit"....I found this thread in my Google search..Glad to say..I am now relieved. Thanks to OP for the headz up!

^^ +1 !!

bloo0153

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It looks like more than a few people were confused as I just got an explanation email from Google.

"Your Google Wallet Prepaid Card refund is in the mail. Look for an envelope from "IRR CREAM." It contains a prepaid debit MasterCard? with the unused funds from your Google Wallet Prepaid Card.

The letter accompanying the card inaccurately states that you "reported an Everywhere Reward? MasterCard? lost or stolen." We apologize for any confusion this may have caused ? please be assured that this is your Google Wallet Prepaid Card refund. To start using your refund card, simply follow the activation instructions in the letter.

Please visit our refund site for more information and answers to frequently asked questions. If you have any concerns, please contact our servicing partner, Money Network,
at 1-855-896-0693.

Thank you,

The Google Wallet Team"

gtbarry

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I received my card yesterday then hours later I received the email mentioned above.

return address: Omaha, Nebraska
letter head: Metabank
From IRR CREAM
replacement card for a "reported everywhere reward MasterCard lost or stolen".

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Received the following email from Google:

Your Google Wallet Prepaid Card refund is in the mail. Look for an envelope from "IRR CREAM." It contains a prepaid debit MasterCard? with the unused funds from your Google Wallet Prepaid Card.

The letter accompanying the card inaccurately states that you "reported an Everywhere Reward? MasterCard? lost or stolen." We apologize for any confusion this may have caused ? please be assured that this is your Google Wallet Prepaid Card refund. To start using your refund card, simply follow the activation instructions in the letter.

Please visit our refund site for more information and answers to frequently asked questions. If you have any concerns, please contact our servicing partner, Money Network,
at 1-855-896-0693.

Thank you,

The Google Wallet Team

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Just an FYI, if you did shred the card, google has updated their FAQ's to indicate that you should call card services. They are issuing me a replacement card with at no cost. I assumed it would be free, but when I first asked she had to go check if there was a fee, and she found out that there is not.

dasDestruktion

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just received mine with the same information, of course. I freaked out wondering what the heck happened to my Mastercard debit. Thanks for posting this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21