Motorola X phone

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Motorola is working on a a new phone that will run stock android. Could this be another Nexus device?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Android central news article says it will be stock but might not be a nexus. We can only hope. I'm not a big fan of LG. I had three G2X phones none of them worked. I will never buy another LG. Being that Google owns Motorola, its only a matter of time before they release a Nexus.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It isn't going to be either a nexus nor stock

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

I'm thinking the same thing. It'll just be the new flagship Motorola phone. Way too early to think that it'll be a Nexus.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I also think it is very specifically, and purposefully, not a nexus. I'm actually happy about that. The customization that OEM's can add in is great; lots of features are added on top of what Google puts in Stock Android.

Just think, if this is Motorola's Galaxy line, or their iPhone, this will add a huge new player in the Android market. Thus, I wholly expect the Nexus program to remain completely separate.

I'm excited to see what it brings :D

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Android central news article says it will be stock but might not be a nexus. We can only hope. I'm not a big fan of LG. I had three G2X phones none of them worked. I will never buy another LG. Being that Google owns Motorola, its only a matter of time before they release a Nexus.

Read the article again. It will be stock at the core, but will have a modular UI overlay that can be disabled.

The UI will more than likely be the default.

That being said, I really want all phones to go this direction. One section Os, one section skin, one section radio and carrier crap. That way one is not affected that much by the other.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Could it maybe be the replacement for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus since Motorola and Verizon have a relationship?

Verizon hasn't had a huge DROID hit since the original Motorola version so it's about time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

derekstandby

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing that perhaps it would be a cdma nexus type device. The fact they are using X just leads me to believe it will be a nexus simply because the X has been so prominent with jelly bean and nexus is general