CM 10.....Nightly.

sadiqsamm

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I am a little bit lost on the difference between cynogenmod stable and nightly rom versions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
The Stable version has been tested and is as bug free as a custom rom is going to get.

The nightly versions are works in progress and WILL have bugs, hiccups and things that don't work. Use this if you just like to be on the bleeding edge and won't get annoyed if certain things don't work.

I use CM10 Stable, but delve into the nightlies when I just want to try something new.

nb

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, CM10 has been pretty stable for me. The only glitches I've found are the following:

1. There is an intermittent bug that causes the user interface to glitch for a few seconds.
2. After a phone call, the pin activated lock screen ignores the timeline set and activates immediately upon hang up.

Also battery life is a little worse than the stock rom, but the added features make it worth it for me.

Besides that, it's been really cool.

dasDestruktion

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I too am running CM10 on my GalaxyNexus. For whatever reason, my GNex will often reset when it is connected to an A/C outlet to charge, but not when it is connected via USB to the computer. Odd, but its the only issue I've ever had with the most recent "stable" CM10 release.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I too am running CM10 on my GalaxyNexus. For whatever reason, my GNex will often reset when it is connected to an A/C outlet to charge, but not when it is connected via USB to the computer. Odd, but its the only issue I've ever had with the most recent "stable" CM10 release.

That's weird. Does it charge regularly after the reset?

sadiqsamm

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Of recent I noticed my battery icon will indicate charging status even when I am not charging the phone. Whenever it does that it will wake the screen. The occur several times then it will stop. Also when I plug my phone to charge the screen doesn't lit up to indicate charging process has started.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Of recent I noticed my battery icon will indicate charging status even when I am not charging the phone. Whenever it does that it will wake the screen. The occur several times then it will stop. Also when I plug my phone to charge the screen doesn't lit up to indicate charging process has started.

Bad usb port?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

sadiqsamm

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope. It started much much later after my cm 10 installation. I will try cleaning the USB socket and plug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC