Will Galaxy S3 headphones work with Galaxy Nexus?

Sigma60

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Given it's been a few weeks since the last post, what are the conclusions? Is there FULL functionality with theS3 headphone remote on a GNex? Thanks.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Given it's been a few weeks since the last post, what are the conclusions? Is there FULL functionality with theS3 headphone remote on a GNex? Thanks.

I tried out my neighbor's Galaxy S3 headphones and the conclusion is that they do NOT have full functionality. The volume buttons do not work on the Galaxy Nexus.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried out my neighbor's Galaxy S3 headphones and the conclusion is that they do NOT have full functionality. The volume buttons do not work on the Galaxy Nexus.

That leads me to believe that Samsung added code to work with the headphones. Probably why no 3rd party head phones have functioning volume controls with Android.

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
They work for me, but the controls are different. Volume up goes to my previous track, volume down goes to next track, and the pause button pauses the track. So I still have to use the phone to control the volume, but once you get the hang of it, no biggie.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2