Constant 4.2.1 stock launcher crashes

TarikW

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Greetings all. I have a Galaxy Nexus with 4.2.1 I've been experiencing constant launcher crashes after I press the home button. it relaunches on its own, but it is VERY annoying. I cannot recreated the event. It happens almost randomly. Sometimes pressing home out of Chrome (happens most often here, but i use the browser most often), twitter, settings, text...bascially anywhere, at any time, under any circumstances.

Has anyone else had/solved this problem?

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Try installing another launcher and try from there. Nova is close to stock just allows you to do a little bit more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have never had a launcher problem. You mentioned pressing the home button out of Chrome. Is that how you exit all your apps? If so, you are leaving them all running and your issue may be more of a memory issue. Do a proper exit from each app and see if it still happens.

TarikW

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
@trunks perhaps. I was trying to avoid adding yet another variable into the fray. Plus, if anything was supposed to wok, it should be the stock app.

@patruns Nah, it seems to be independent of how many apps I'm running. It does however, only happen when i press the home key from another app (as far as I can recall). So it almost definitely has something to do with launching the launcher using the home button.

TarikW

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
@tube I'll try that. But, that sounds like a one time only fix. Could there be some interaction with another app that I have that causes this?

- - - Updated - - -

@tube I'll try that. But, that sounds like a one time only fix. Could there be some interaction with another app that I have that causes this?

irha

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have this same problem as well, and I am on 4.2.2. Would love to hear what the OP did to solve this problem.

TarikW

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
OP back again. I broke down and reinstalled 4.2.2 manually and I'm still having the same problem. I tried a few other launchers before the reload and I ran into the same problem. Any other thoughts from folks out there?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463