Did anyone get the ota for 4.2.2?

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone receive 4.2.2 ota? Heard it's already rolling out on gsm galaxy nexus!!!!
Keep posted ppl

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for this amateur question... But hour can I find out if my device is tajku o something else... Plz help...

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
if you have takju build and CWM recovery just flash this http://android.clients.google.com/p...3.signed-takju-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.472aafeb.zip

if you have takju and have stock recovery you have to use adb sideload.

if you have other build the OTA is not released yet.

Or if your stock recovery with unlocked boot loader then you can just do fast boot boot cwm.img and find the zip you downloaded and flash it from there.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Or if your stock recovery with unlocked boot loader then you can just do fast boot boot cwm.img and find the zip you downloaded and flash it from there.

That's what I ended up doing. I usually wait from the OTA, but all the reboots I have had, I just wanted to get 4.2.2 installed now.

wallstrum

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
That's what I ended up doing. I usually wait from the OTA, but all the reboots I have had, I just wanted to get 4.2.2 installed now.

apologies for the newbie question. if i do this, will it wipe my data, or will it just do a so-called "in place upgrade"? i'm rooted and i have backups of my data, but i'm trying to get a definitive answer to this question before i dive in so that i know what i'm getting into before i start.

thanks!

wally

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
apologies for the newbie question. if i do this, will it wipe my data, or will it just do a so-called "in place upgrade"? i'm rooted and i have backups of my data, but i'm trying to get a definitive answer to this question before i dive in so that i know what i'm getting into before i start.

thanks!

wally
No it wont wipe your data. but its good to take a backup

The_Martin

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got the 4.2.2 this morning (am in Australia) on my Yakju Galaxy Nexus. Very glad I flashed it last weekend as I was waiting for Virgin Australia to roll out an update from 4.0.4!

Edgraham75

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
OK.. Ended up flashing the upgrade myself.... On my N10.... Using TWRP and it said it failed but when I rebooted the system it showed it was "upgrading" 70 items but still shows 4.2.1 in system status

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today: GNexus yakju.
Surprisingly the first update that got pushed to my phone without having to fiddle with framework settings :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar