Safe frequencies?

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this whole process of actually upping the frequency of my CPU and GPU.

I'd rather not kill my phone, though, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

Latest nightly Cyanogenmod and latest nightly Franco kernel.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Apparently, I spoke too soon. Can't do GPU for some reason now. Huh. Anyway, still CPU.
Edit2: Also, if somebody could explain to me why my Quandrant score is less than a standard GNexus, regardless of frequency, I'd be thankful. It seems... snappier than before, but the score is lower?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Biggest thing to keep in mind is overclocking of the processor. Underclocking & undervolting will NOT damage the device. Usually it will cause the device to lock up or start to boot loop "randomly restart" without warning. That is easily fixed by just playing with the settings, adjusting until you find the sweet spot.

Overclocking on the other hand can cause premature failure of the processor (not very likely but can happen) but more commonly overheating of the device which can lead to other problems.

As for Quadrant and other benchmarks, take them with a grain of salt. Real world performance is your best judging of the device. If it feels snappier and is doing what you expect then it really doesn't matter what the score says...