[SOLVED] Return to stock without USB access (GSM version)

krYshuT

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

so the USB port on my Galaxy Nexus just died and I need to RMA. I'm on CM 10.1 M3 so I need to lock the bootloader and flash the stock ROM. As I'm rooted, there will be no problem to lock the bootloader before flash using BootUnlocker, but then I have no idea how to flash the stock ROM. I was thinking about using Mobile Odin, but I have only found ODIN files for CDMA version.

I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus
Stock bootloader and recovery

Thanks in advance for help.

Last edited:

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Return to stock without USB access

I think you can use dropbox if you have one. Just download the stock rom onto your computer, move it to your dropbox folder wait for it to sync. Then using a file explorer like root explorer, you can move it around to your internal sd card. And then I think you can flash it from there if you know where it is.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Skydrive, Cloud Drive, there must be a hundred could storage solutions now......

krYshuT

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the replies guys, but there was no problem with getting the files on phone's storage as I couldn't find ANY files but those for ADB fastboot (and I couldn't flash them since my USB port doesn't work).

Problem solved. I found this old flashable 4.1 ROM .zip from Koush aaaand that's it! All I did was that I used BootUnlocker then flashed this 4.1's radio through CWM and at last the ROM itself which also overwritten CWM with stock recovery. And now... I'm all STOCK and can send the phone to RMA.

Hope this helps someone.