Galaxy Nexus Battery Charging Problem [ROOTED]

shardulp

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Strange issue with battery not charging. Indicator shows up, fills up exactly twice and then screen goes blank. This happens in a continuous cycle.

If I start my phone, the maximum charge it gets from this is a single percent, and connecting a charger then results in nothing. Phone never goes into 'Charing' state when turned on.

I tried different charges, different wall sockets, even tried charging with a USB cable. Nothing seems to work.

Video Here:

Galaxy Nexus Battery Charging Problem [ROOTED] - YouTube

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This is typically a result of a damaged, misaligned or dirty micro USB port on the device. There is a thin metal tab inside the port that can sometimes be bent and may need to be centered (you can do this gently with a very thin blade, etc). If that does not solve the issue, check it for debris and make sure all connectors are intact and not damaged. It is generally not good for these phones to run all the way down on the charge and may take an extended charging period to rejuvenate (many hours). Also, are you using the stock charger or a third party charger? The charger should be rated for at least 1A if it's not the OEM variety.

shardulp

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
This is typically a result of a damaged, misaligned or dirty micro USB port on the device. There is a thin metal tab inside the port that can sometimes be bent and may need to be centered (you can do this gently with a very thin blade, etc). If that does not solve the issue, check it for debris and make sure all connectors are intact and not damaged. It is generally not good for these phones to run all the way down on the charge and may take an extended charging period to rejuvenate (many hours). Also, are you using the stock charger or a third party charger? The charger should be rated for at least 1A if it's not the OEM variety.

Thank you for a quick reply. Yes I am charging with Samsung's charger that came along with my device. I think I should visit service center may be to get this sorted.

I checked the metal tab you mentioned, doesn't seem misaligned to me.

IMG_20130615_134855.jpg

Thanks for all your help.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I had similar problems. It would charge extremely slowly on charger, and not at all via USB. Also, the computer recognized it but I couldn't transfer files to or from the phone

My issue was a combination of a bad USB cable and a bent USB port. Replacing the cable and bending the port back solved it

Posted via Android Central App

DesElms

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry, but that thread's first two posts -- by that thread's starter (aka, its "original poster" or "OP") -- are just ridiculously wrong and misleading.

I have, however, added a third post to that thread which sets straight the record; and provides any Samsung Galaxy famly phone user -- particularly a Note II user -- with pretty much everything s/he needs to know about this subject.

ASHLEY JOSEPH

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi
(Sorry for my english)
I have a problem with my galaxy nexus. 5 months ago, i brought the phone and i saw that the battery didnt go more then 99%. After sometime, it was 98% after, 94℅, after 90%, after 80% after 70% and i decided to change my battery. When I changed it, it became worst. It was at 45%. I was using it and it was stuck at 15% so i decided to change my usb port. Since i changed it, its stuck at like 70-80% (charging the whole night) i tried the factory data reset, safe mode, wipe cache, i manually update it to 4.3 (by using google) and now i dont know what to do. Sometime when i unplug the phone, the screen froze and reboot and never turn on if i dont plug it and sometime, the charging notification on the top right of the screen disappear even when its connected. Thanks for answering me:) i took a screenshoot of my battery stat and my phone details

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-07-01-14-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-07-01-14-57.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2014-09-07-01-03-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-07-01-03-40.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member