GNex is getting way too hot. Help.

Angelh23

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Recently I've noticed that my Galaxy Nexus has been getting way hot. I don't believe it's the battery, since it'll happen when it's not charging as well as when I took off the battery, the battery was not as hot as the phone. Most of the heat seems to be coming from the top part of the phone. Above where the battery would be. It also has been getting slower(while the battery is hot of course) and altogether. Does anyone know why?

Posted via Android Central App

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you downloaded or updated any new apps lately? Sounds like something is running in the background and could be the cause of it. Do you have a spare battery you could try to see if it is going bad?

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

Angelh23

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I've had a few apps installed recently. I can't think of which one in particular does it. Sometimes it's when I watch YouTube and sometimes it's with Shipwrecked (don't judge) :) and I don't have an extra battery. Though I doubt it's that because when take out the battery it's not hotter than usual, even though on my battery app it says it's blazing. To the point it stops charging.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Is the weather hot outside? On hot days my phone will get extremely warm. Battery won't charge because of the heat either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Angelh23

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it does seem more pronounced when I'm outside. But thats never happened with any other phone?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I've had a few apps installed recently. I can't think of which one in particular does it. Sometimes it's when I watch YouTube and sometimes it's with Shipwrecked (don't judge) :) and I don't have an extra battery. Though I doubt it's that because when take out the battery it's not hotter than usual, even though on my battery app it says it's blazing. To the point it stops charging.

What apps are running in the background when it gets hot?

cdahncke

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Recently I've noticed that my Galaxy Nexus has been getting way hot. I don't believe it's the battery, since it'll happen when it's not charging as well as when I took off the battery, the battery was not as hot as the phone. Most of the heat seems to be coming from the top part of the phone. Above where the battery would be. It also has been getting slower(while the battery is hot of course) and altogether. Does anyone know why?

Have noticed this a couple of times too. Powered off the phone a couple of weeks ago while traveling on a plane. About 3 hrs later I pulled it out to find that while it was off, the top of it was really, really hot. Had to pull the battery to get it to start responding. It had drained nearly all of the battery. What was really odd to me was the even the battery graph showed the system was powered down. There is some sort of OS glitch. Hoping the new update will fix it.

Firespyer

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Been having the same issue, picked up a new battery from shop android and seems worse now. Flashed 4.3 last night so far not seeing any difference.

Metaldroid

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's happened to me a few times as well. I did notice that the signal was very bad during the last episode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Angelh23

May 19, 2013
Visit site
The worst part about it is that it makes it so slow. Though it's been very slow altogether for a bit now. Any advice on that. I have a cache cleaner.

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't know which apps are running in the background. :(

For apps running in background go to Settings->Apps->Running

The worst part about it is that it makes it so slow. Though it's been very slow altogether for a bit now. Any advice on that. I have a cache cleaner.

Mine used to run hot too. I uninstalled a barometer app and that seems to help. Also keep the GPS disabled unless you need it, if you don't already.
I would try uninstalling any battery monitor apps, they are notorious battery drainers, not sure if they make the Nexus run hot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12