Which apps or shortcuts activate Talkback?

coachandrew

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I do not want to use the Talkback feature, unless I go blind, God forbid. It used to come on by itself and I'd have to go through an odd series of steps to turn it off. I've gone as far as rooting my phone and freezing Talkback with Titanium Backup, so it's not really there anymore. Still, at least a few times a week, I get a notification that "Talkback is activated." Since Talkback itself is frozen, it's not really turned on; however, this occurrence disables my ability to palm swipe to take a screen shot, which I use quite often. (In fact, I immediately reenable "Palm swipe to capture" in order to "turn off" the Talkback, since it can't coexist iwth Palm swipe.)

I'm baffled as to exactly what is causing this and how to prevent it. :confused: It it an accidental screen press of a shortcut? Is there a known list of apps that can somehow turn this on? Any clues? [My search of this forum has not found a similar issue, so I am posting a new question.]

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Talkback is controlled in Settings/Device/Accessibility. If turning it off there doesn't stop both the notification and talkback itself (without freezing it), your firmware is probably corrupt. Reflashing the stock ROM should fix it. It's almost definitely a software problem, not a hardware problem. (I say almost, because there's one hardware possibility, a stuck bit in storage - which is about as rare as an astronaut on the surface of the moon these days.)

Mishw03

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I'veI've been having the same issue with my new Galaxy S6 for the last few months, and I finally figured it out! If you triple click the home button on your phone, it will enable/disable Galaxy TalkBack. You can turn this feature off in Settings- Accessibility - Direct Access - turn off. Hope this helps!