Samsung A5 2016 USB issues.

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone. Im having Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 version mobile phone. It's having Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 installed (Official). Now, my issues are all USB problems :

1. No Fast Charging ( Was there before )
2. No OTG support ( Was there )
3. I can't connect the phone to my PC. Nothing happens when i connect my phone to PC. The phone just
charges when i connect it to PC. Nothing comes in the notification window of my phone when i connect.

The question is :
1. Is it can be a hardware problem with the USB port of my device ? But anyway, the phone
charges (although no Fast charging).

2. Or a software issue ?

Please help geeks ! Waiting for your support.....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

#1: Are you using the same cable and charger that came with the device?

#2. Not sure what to suggest, other than if you got an update, that may have been removed.

#3. You need to pull down the notification shade and tap the notification that says: USB charging. Tap for more options. Tap that, and select File transfers.

ThDor45 FTW

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with my A5 2016.I fixed it by heating 3 min the screen with the hair dryer on medium temperature

Keep in mind that i am not responsable for any dameage to your A5 2016

isameed

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Happened to me too. I thought the data pin in the jack was broken but since it was too much of a hassle I let it sit for 2 weeks like that and it started working automatically like nothing happened. Looks like it isn't just me. Try cleaning the jack and giving light heat by wrapping it in a cloth and blowing warm air on it for a minute.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance