Shipped!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Activation code to allow setup of Stadia account, as well as playing on compatible devices, was supposed to be emailed at the time the equipment was actually shipped. Wasn't overly concerned that the email didn't come in right away, but as it still hadn't come in as of this afternoon, I called Google Play Store Support.

They advised that they've received an update, and that now the codes would not be emailed until 3-5 days after the item left the warehouse. I followed up that question, asking if the code was also provided in the retail box, to which the rep replied that 'it should be,' but with the caveat that she didn't actually know. So while I'll have my Stadia controller and Chromecast Ultra by end of day tomorrow (Wednesday), per FedEx tracking, I may not receive my code until as late as next Monday.

They've had months to prepare to be able to deliver activation codes, so I can't fathom any possible reason for this delay other than if it is an artificial delay to give them a few extra days to try to smooth out some launch wrinkles with the actual service.

Has anyone else who has preordered received their (retail, not reviewer model) Stadia yet, and if so, did it include the activation code? Anyone receive an email with their code?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Activation code to allow setup of Stadia account, as well as playing on compatible devices, was supposed to be emailed at the time the equipment was actually shipped. Wasn't overly concerned that the email didn't come in right away, but as it still hadn't come in as of this afternoon, I called Google Play Store Support.

They advised that they've received an update, and that now the codes would not be emailed until 3-5 days after the item left the warehouse. I followed up that question, asking if the code was also provided in the retail box, to which the rep replied that 'it should be,' but with the caveat that she didn't actually know. So while I'll have my Stadia controller and Chromecast Ultra by end of day tomorrow (Wednesday), per FedEx tracking, I may not receive my code until as late as next Monday.

They've had months to prepare to be able to deliver activation codes, so I can't fathom any possible reason for this delay other than if it is an artificial delay to give them a few extra days to try to smooth out some launch wrinkles with the actual service.

Has anyone else who has preordered received their (retail, not reviewer model) Stadia yet, and if so, did it include the activation code? Anyone receive an email with their code?

Update...

20 minutes later I received a confirmation from the rep by email that it would be 3-5 days before the email was sent.
10 minutes later I received the email with the code.

Now I wonder if I'd still be waiting if I hadn't called....