How to install a phone google play store on Android TV

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Is it there a Google Play Store like in the phone version, that you can install it on Android TV. Since tv version doesn't have the apps, a phone version would make it easy to download apps.
There are several apps, like Aptoide, Uptodown etc. that generate Google Play Store apps, however I was looking for the Google Play Store version like the one on the phones. Also not the option on the browser.
A Google Play Store application version that is like the one on the phones

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Alternative - use a computer browser to access play.google.com find the app you want, click the install button and select the device on which to install it. I just checked - my new Chromecast with Google TV shows in that list.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if your Android TV device is actually certified for Google Play? If it isn't, then you won't be able to install apps from the Play Store no matter how you try.

What's the exact make and model of the Android TV?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084