10-24-2011 12:56 PM
186 1234 ...
tools
    So there's no built in Google Apps (Gmail, Maps, etc)? Does streaming MKV work?
    The standard installed applications thus far are just the ones that came with the Revue before such as NBA, Pandora, Napster.. But a few like the google chrome application, media player application, and podcasts application are all revamped.

Unfortunately it doesn't even show MKV files in the media player application. However, I have successfully played two .mp4 high profile 720p videos. Along with a few .avi files.
    08-01-2011 11:22 PM
    Well clue me in guys I am at 2.1 still after a couple of hard resets and following instructions
    08-01-2011 11:23 PM
    Still at 2.1

go figure

thought I had it but need some spoon feeding

LOL

Kev
    08-01-2011 11:25 PM
    So at present you're unable to access netflix at all? What about through Chrome? Forgive me if I'm not understanding how it works.
    No, unfortunately there's no netflix application installed. Even in the "Manage Application" page there's none. Through the browser I login and it just shows me the system compatibility screen after trying to play a video.
    08-01-2011 11:25 PM
    No, unfortunately there's no netflix application installed. Even in the "Manage Application" page there's none. Through the browser I login and it just shows me the system compatibility screen after trying to play a video.
    i dont have one yet but as long as theres one in stock somewhere in the morning im going to pick one up today.
    Could you try to login to netflix through some sort of a proxy site to possibly trick it to thinking its a destop?...or is there any options/settings menu for the browser that you can change your user agent to desktop or something else? just an idea.
    08-01-2011 11:30 PM
    i dont have one yet but as long as theres one in stock somewhere in the morning im going to pick one up today.
    Could you try to login to netflix through some sort of a proxy site to possibly trick it to thinking its a destop?...or is there any options/settings menu for the browser that you can change your user agent to desktop or something else? just an idea.
    Hmmm, I'll try changing the useragent perhaps. I think it wouldn't work though since the desktops need silverlight.

I did just get a file manager installed though! I enabled unknown applications to be installed as well, just tried installing the netflix apk from my phone but it failed. I'll try a few emulators
    08-01-2011 11:34 PM
    08-01-2011 11:42 PM
    Just tried it! Doesn't work, immediate force close.

I installed Snesoid and it runs however when I go to play a game it force closes.
    08-01-2011 11:47 PM
    Just tried it! Doesn't work, immediate force close.

I installed Snesoid and it runs however when I go to play a game it force closes.
    in the main settings is there a run in zoomed mode or whatever the new feature xooms just got with there recent update?
    08-01-2011 11:49 PM
    Ok I need some help a little

Downloaded opened zip put it on usb power off googletv connected usb then powered back up and same and yes blank usb stick
    follow the instructions, are you unplugging, plug back in, wait one Mississippi then hold the sync/connect button on the back of the revue.
    08-01-2011 11:50 PM
    in the main settings is there a run in zoomed mode or whatever the new feature xooms just got with there recent update?
    No nothing like that. It seems like for the applications that can be installed, it automatically stretches them out (More or less in the correct way). For example, I have the Snesoid application installed and it looks pretty good. Huge buttons and selections but it works well and doesn't look crappy.
    08-01-2011 11:52 PM
    No nothing like that. It seems like for the applications that can be installed, it automatically stretches them out (More or less in the correct way). For example, I have the Snesoid application installed and it looks pretty good. Huge buttons and selections but it works well and doesn't look crappy.
    but it still crashes?
    08-01-2011 11:53 PM
    launcher pro apparently works.You Can download from market as well
    08-01-2011 11:54 PM
    NM

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    08-01-2011 11:54 PM
    but it still crashes?
    It only crashes when I go to launch a rom.
    08-01-2011 11:55 PM
    So has someone tried the Netflix APK that was originally pulled off a hardware rooted Revue to enable some phones to access Netflix?
    08-01-2011 11:56 PM
    you should go to the market through the browser and then it should be easier to see what compatible , or does google tv not show up in your device list?
    08-01-2011 11:57 PM
    launcher pro apparently works.You Can download from market as well
    Uh wow, holy crap. It does work! It looks hilarious on such a huge screen...

bryan1854 likes this.
    08-01-2011 11:58 PM
    Uh wow, holy crap. It does work! It looks hilarious on such a huge screen...

you could theme it lol
    08-02-2011 12:00 AM
    So has someone tried the Netflix APK that was originally pulled off a hardware rooted Revue to enable some phones to access Netflix?
    This would be fantastic. If someone who had a hardware rooted Revue could do this and extract the APK file from the original and install it on this that would be awesome and most likely work.
    08-02-2011 12:03 AM
    This would be fantastic. If someone who had a hardware rooted Revue could do this and extract the APK file from the original and install it on this that would be awesome and most likely work.
    You dont need to be rooted to install an .apk

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    08-02-2011 12:04 AM
    no hes sayin that the apk from the rooted revue that had/ or has acess to netflix might work on this.
    08-02-2011 12:06 AM
    Shouldn't be necessary. I saw many references to the APK when I was searching for something Revue related yesterday. Netflix apk from from rooted logitech revue (UPDATE 2/14) - xda-developers
    08-02-2011 12:08 AM
    Shouldn't be necessary. I saw many references to the APK when I was searching for something Revue related yesterday. Netflix apk from from rooted logitech revue (UPDATE 2/14) - xda-developers
    Thanks for the link! I did actually find that a few minutes ago though and I just tried both of those APK's.

Netflix.apk is only 11kb -> Doesn't work

NetflixLiveFolders.apk is about 111kb -> Doesn't work either :-/
    08-02-2011 12:09 AM
    has anyone tried the apk i linked earlier on?
    08-02-2011 12:10 AM
186 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD