10-24-2011 12:56 PM
186 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Once on honeycomb the function and left won't take you to recovery.... I got a flashing screen issue and was going to wipe and install again but can't get to recovery.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    08-02-2011 09:10 PM
    Do you mean when the screen goes gray and black sometimes and refuses to show live TV?
    Yes!

08-02-2011 09:10 PM
    Flash is force closing on me now when using Youtube.
    08-02-2011 09:12 PM
    Yes!

Sometimes I fiddle with my HDMI cables and it fixes it. It's really wierd sometimes with my LG tv but for the most part it works fine. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the HDCP with the HDMI cable. Pain in the *** sometimes.

I'll have to consider trying this. It looks like you overwrite the original flashplayer apk though and I wouldn't have a readily available backup :-/

I did try changing the user-agent string in the settings to the default google chrome one and it still wouldn't let me access hulu content. Recognizes that I'm a google tv though.
    08-02-2011 09:23 PM
    that's weird terminal emulator doesn't work... Specially since it worked on the rooted revue... Maybe have to email the dev... Cause I believe he ponied up some cash to get his app on the revue before
    08-02-2011 09:23 PM
    that's weird terminal emulator doesn't work... Specially since it worked on the rooted revue... Maybe have to email the dev... Cause I believe he ponied up some cash to get his app on the revue before
    Hmm, interesting. I'll try dragging the apk off of the tablet instead of my phone and seeing if that changes anything.

Edit:

Yeah nor Better Terminal Emulator Pro or Terminal Emulator work. They both force close. It seems like BTEP is right there and it pops up with a notification showing that it's running but it just FC's when i go to launch it.
    08-02-2011 09:27 PM
    I can confirm that .mkv files do play within Logitech Media Player!

This is the file information for my .mkv that I just tested. It shows up and plays via an external hard drive, however I can't find any of my .mkv's via over the network share.

Was hoping for this to work with network share. With this I could replace my crappy media player for this
    08-02-2011 09:44 PM
    Hmm... Wonder why honeycomb optimized apps dont work on a system running honeycomb?

Does astro work?

What happens if you download an apk from someones drop box account?
    As in... Where does it dl to and how would you install?

I'm going to try to upload an apk called my water live wallpaper from the asus transformer
    08-02-2011 09:55 PM
    Ok

http://db.tt/iQdDgUq

Its a live wallpaper from transformer but modded for evo 3d
    08-02-2011 09:56 PM
    i bypassed the tv so i can play around with this. Posting this right now from the device.
    08-02-2011 09:58 PM
    Hmm... Wonder why honeycomb optimized apps dont work on a system running honeycomb?

Does astro work?

What happens if you download an apk from someones drop box account?
    As in... Where does it dl to and how would you install?

I'm going to try to upload an apk called my water live wallpaper from the asus transformer
    Haven't tested Astro but I am using a different file manager.

If you download an apk via the browser it'll just drop it in the downloads folder on the Revue.

I've been able to install any apk as shown for the past few pages now. The problem is acutally running it, I don't think a live wallpaper would work since I'm pretty sure live wallpapers aren't supported on this.

Edit: Nevermind, there are live wallpapers actually! If I install that live wallpaper it would probably just add it into the live wallpapers folder like normal.
    08-02-2011 10:20 PM
    Hmm so apks dl and side load and install but fail to run/operate... Wonder if its the app realizing its not optimized for google tv and force closing or if its the honeycomb os force closing the app...

can you see if you can install an app that logs when an app force closes and see what caused it to force?
    and log like 2 or 3 different apps to see if its the same thing force closing them...
    Cause if its the same thing force closing the app some one could fix that.
    08-02-2011 10:33 PM
    Hmm so apks dl and side load and install but fail to run/operate... Wonder if its the app realizing its not optimized for google tv and force closing or if its the honeycomb os force closing the app...
    There's a few potential problems. Google TV doesn't support the NDK(or at least didn't), and even if it did support the NDK, the binaries would be compiled for an Arm processor and not the Atom.
    08-02-2011 10:53 PM
    Ohh... So is it going to be a pain in the *** for developers to make their apps compatible with our platform?

Or will it just take a few lines of code?
    08-02-2011 11:04 PM
    Im having a weird issue. Im in the set up where i have to enter my google account credentials. It keeps telling me the password or username is wrong. They aren't im typing them in correctly. Please help!!!
    08-02-2011 11:10 PM
    Im having a weird issue. Im in the set up where i have to enter my google account credentials. It keeps telling me the password or username is wrong. They aren't im typing them in correctly. Please help!!!
    You don't happen to have 2 step authorization enabled do you?
    08-02-2011 11:17 PM
    oohhh maybe i think i do....
    08-02-2011 11:20 PM
    Just checked i do not have it enabled...
    08-02-2011 11:21 PM
    Also i tried with my wifes gmail account and im having the same issue...
    08-02-2011 11:28 PM
    I've been waiting all summer to hear this news... finally got Honeycomb on my Revues.
    08-03-2011 01:09 AM
    So I extracted the pulse apk from my tablet and pushed it to the Revue...

Voila! However, it's extremely wierd because it's optimized for a touch screen scrolling and such. Little awkward sizing stuff but it works! Just tough to use with a mousepad.

Edit: I also tried Gmail.apk from the tablet as well and it loaded but the sync was wierd and made it force close when it tried to grab my email.

Thanks again man. I appreciate the pics. Good to see pulse running...Though it sucks to know that almost nothing is optimized for gtv. This must change.
    08-03-2011 01:44 AM
    I've been waiting all summer to hear this news... finally got Honeycomb on my Revues.
    Welcome to the fun.

sent by CyanogenMod X
    08-03-2011 05:46 AM
    The main thing I dislike in the update is the Logitech Media Player no longer auto plays the next item like it use to, you actually have to create a "playlist" now...
    08-03-2011 08:52 AM

can you see if you can install an app that logs when an app force closes and see what caused it to force?
    and log like 2 or 3 different apps to see if its the same thing force closing them...
    Cause if its the same thing force closing the app some one could fix that.
    Yes. They aren't optimized because it's not publicly available yet therefore causing a force close because of the code not working for this specific version of android. I'm willing to bet it's more of the code that involves drawing the display causing a force close rather than just the code.

I'm not sure what kind of experience you have with coding at all for android, but usually for something like that you would use ADB (besides just using a debugger with your own application) but currently the ADB over the network via the settings doesn't work and I personally don't have a usb male -> male cable to plug into my computer unfortunately to use "adb logcat" and see what's going on otherwise I would.

Thanks again man. I appreciate the pics. Good to see pulse running...Though it sucks to know that almost nothing is optimized for gtv. This must change.
    No problem man! Yeah, I mean it's not even publicly out yet so it's totally understandable that this stuff doesn't work.
    08-03-2011 08:54 AM
    Gonna try it in 5 mins getting a coffee first )
    08-03-2011 10:33 AM
186 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD