10-24-2011 12:56 PM
186 ... 5678
tools
    Windows 7 and Vista both hide the 3 letter extension by default. If you never changed that setting you are essentially naming your file update.zip.zip but windows is hiding the second .zip. If you rename it to just "update" no dots or anything and it still looks like a zip file then you're fine.
    ya that worked... just named file "update" with no zip
    08-08-2011 10:46 PM
    Anyone test DTS support for video files?
    08-09-2011 03:13 PM
    Anyone test DTS support for video files?
    It still doesn't work on my setup.
    BradJ likes this.
    08-10-2011 11:59 AM
    Are you still limited to accessing video on your network via DLNA streaming, or can you connect directly to a network share?
    08-10-2011 06:05 PM
    Are you still limited to accessing video on your network via DLNA streaming, or can you connect directly to a network share?
    Still limited to DLNA with the built in software.

No outside media players work yet.
    08-11-2011 10:13 AM
    I want to install honeycomb on my revue but I've heard there is no way to downgrade back to the original original so I can update to the real honeycomb when it comes out, is there a way? Or will there be??

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express
    08-11-2011 11:10 AM
    I want to install honeycomb on my revue but I've heard there is no way to downgrade back to the original original so I can update to the real honeycomb when it comes out, is there a way? Or will there be??
    No one knows, since the official file isn't out yet to test to see if you can update to the newest build. The safe bet is to wait, however some people like to live dangerously.
    08-11-2011 12:11 PM
    gettling flustered over here.... installed leaked honeycomb which worked fine. now all the sudden when i click on the "all apps" icon on my home launcher, i get a force close message everytime. so i no longer have access to the apps in my launcher other than the five apps that i put on my default app try when pushing the home button. ive tried moving the needed app to the tray but it force closes. so i essentially only have 6 apps to use on my severely downgraded revue: live tv, youtuve, chrome, market, settings, tv and movies. it all worked before.... anyone have similar issues? im about to try and reload the honeycomb zip file
    08-17-2011 09:10 PM
    gettling flustered over here.... installed leaked honeycomb which worked fine. now all the sudden when i click on the "all apps" icon on my home launcher, i get a force close message everytime. so i no longer have access to the apps in my launcher other than the five apps that i put on my default app try when pushing the home button. ive tried moving the needed app to the tray but it force closes. so i essentially only have 6 apps to use on my severely downgraded revue: live tv, youtuve, chrome, market, settings, tv and movies. it all worked before.... anyone have similar issues? im about to try and reload the honeycomb zip file
    I would just run the zip again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    08-17-2011 10:26 PM
    I'm really tempted to get one of these, but the network share streaming is one the main hold up. I'm considering a Boxee, but I don't want to pay $200+.
    08-19-2011 02:35 PM
    so when is the official release coming?
    08-23-2011 08:35 PM
    so when is the official release coming?
    September

---
    - Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    08-23-2011 08:41 PM
    I picked up a new $99 Logitech Revue yesterday. I am wondering if I should wait until the official Honeycomb release before I start setting it up. In other words, will it be a waste to time to get it set up working "out of the box" if I am planning to update the OS in the next few weeks anyway?

Clearly, I am a total newbie regarding Android and this device.

Also, I am looking to "cut the cord" and use the Revue to supplement over-the-air (OTA) local TV broadcasts.
    So it would be great to hear from anyone who has already gone down that path.
    Thank you.
    08-31-2011 02:21 AM
    I picked up a new $99 Logitech Revue yesterday. I am wondering if I should wait until the official Honeycomb release before I start setting it up. In other words, will it be a waste to time to get it set up working "out of the box" if I am planning to update the OS in the next few weeks anyway?

Also, I am looking to "cut the cord" and use the Revue to supplement over-the-air (OTA) local TV broadcasts.
    Thank you.
    As much fun as it has been to play with the leaked Honeycomb version, I think it would have been better to keep it stock at least until the next release or leak. I don't really miss the Netflix but the audio drop outs and occasional reboots make for a less than completely usable device.
    08-31-2011 10:52 AM

Thank you.
    It just took me less than 10 minutes to set up my Revue to my Uverse box and tv. It's an awesome device. Love the Chrome browser. Decent Netflix interface. Now who wants a Roku?
    09-08-2011 01:44 PM
    Still awaiting the official release
    09-09-2011 05:18 PM
    Always seems to be a hurry up and wait with these devices.
    09-10-2011 09:59 AM
    Just hope the leak will be ok to upgrade to official when it does some out

sent by CyanogenMod X
    09-10-2011 08:15 PM
    I hope Google releases as soon as the Honeycomb version is ready, rather than wait for the Ice Cream Sandwich OS which is out Oct/Nov. I wouldn't mind getting ICS someday, but I want the additional features soon.
    09-12-2011 12:08 PM
    Check out gtvhacker there is a honeycomb update with netflix

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    09-12-2011 02:52 PM

Thank you.
    I've been using OTA and GoogleTV in the family room, and a Roku in our bedroom. We have not missed cable (U-Verse) at all. However, we'll see how things work out when/if basketball starts up.
    09-12-2011 03:10 PM
    There is an update to the leaked 3.1 Beta with Netflix and updated apps.

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic170.html

It says install the leaked 3.1 update.zip then:
    1. you have to already be on the HC3.1 beta;
    2. put this update on a flash drive like you did before with the beta;
    3. get into the recovery menu like you did before (unplug power, plug power back in, after 1 second hold down the button on the back until it reboots then shows the google tv logo again, press ALT+L to get into the recovery menu);
    4. install the update via the recovery menu.

Note: I would not consider it safe to install this update, but if you don't mind if you potentially brick the device check it out.
    donatom3 likes this.
    09-12-2011 03:48 PM
    You guys think their delay may be they could be waiting for ICS? I guess the new Developer info for ICS from Google says "...an app developed for Honeycomb is compatible with a device running ICS, which could be a tablet, a phone, or something else." (I know wishful thinking.) Regardless with the list of apps growing on the market, I'd be just as happy with Honeycomb

-Mike
    09-19-2011 08:40 PM
    I seriously doubt the GTV team is waiting for ICS, Android 4.0, to be released. Note the GTV leaked build is using 3.1 and 3.2 is already out. They want to do a good QC job on the Android 3.1 release and that takes weeks to do a good job.
    09-20-2011 10:25 AM
    im starting to lose hope that an update is ever actually coming. It really is a shame, the device is awesome, but the possibilities of what it could do are over the top.
    09-20-2011 07:16 PM
186 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD