10-24-2011 12:56 PM
186 ... 678
tools
    im starting to lose hope that an update is ever actually coming. It really is a shame, the device is awesome, but the possibilities of what it could do are over the top.
    At least wait until October 1 to lose hope. The Google guys says months ago that the update would come out by the end of September.
    09-21-2011 08:37 AM
    At least wait until October 1 to lose hope. The Google guys says months ago that the update would come out by the end of September.
    Agreed. I also doubt the Tech Support people would be admitting to something that wasn't coming out very soon. From working in a large hw/sw company, we often have releases slip, and tech support won't really acknowledge something exists until release is confirmed and coming soon due to liability issues. Last thing you want is a bunch of pissed off customers who were mislead by tech support agents... Considering all the rush of apps flowing in to the Market and Google's SDK update in August, seems like they may be on track or pretty close as it's all coming together.

-Mike
    09-21-2011 08:05 PM
    Small update confirmed for today/tomorrow. Just a small security fix that sounds like a honeycomb prep. Also stated a bigger update in coming weeks. Hold on its coming.

sent by CyanogenMod X
    09-21-2011 10:58 PM
    The update information was sent by the twitter @GoogleTV account. At least there is something new coming.
    09-22-2011 10:00 AM
    Small update confirmed for today/tomorrow. Just a small security fix that sounds like a honeycomb prep. Also stated a bigger update in coming weeks. Hold on its coming.

sent by CyanogenMod X
    Fingers crossed
    09-22-2011 10:39 AM
    Well looks like they are starting to push Honeycomb external for testing, SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough. Scott works with Dish Network, is a VERY reputable guy and runs Satelliteguys, so this is pretty legit... Not sure if it's a soak test or just a pre-release build (considering he hadn't gotten a prior version recently, does make me wonder if it's for soak testing.) Hopefully he posts a bit more info today.

-Mike
    09-24-2011 08:06 AM
    Has anyone gotten this mystery security update?
    09-24-2011 09:59 AM
    I was just thinking the same thing.... no security update here either. Im gonna try rebooting my Revue and see if it forces the update.
    09-24-2011 10:09 AM
    Does anyone have any idea when google will FINALY release honeycomb for google tv ?
    10-23-2011 02:36 PM
    Does anyone have any idea when google will FINALY release honeycomb for google tv ?
    Best guess "soon". To give you an idea of what soon is I have a Thunderbolt so soon = sometime between now and the end of time... There is a XKCD comic on what soon means but I am to lazy to look it up.
    10-24-2011 07:19 AM
    The latest update was from the director of Google TV saying 3-4 weeks on the first week of October. That is the week of Oct 31-Nov 4. I don't think it will be ready then, I am guessing the end of November. Note the update has been called "lipstick on a pig" by bloggers (using the leaked two updates). Some update is better than nothing though.
    10-24-2011 12:56 PM
186 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD