SWEET JESUS!!! Update your Revue to Honeycomb 3.1 NOW!

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
When you visit the market, it just says that the application is not compatible with your device. That's if the application isn't supported for it yet. (E.g. I tried angry birds and that's what it told me)

So you haven't gotten anything to install yet? Hmm

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

chunkybug

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok I need some help a little

Downloaded opened zip put it on usb power off googletv connected usb then powered back up and same and yes blank usb stick

Immolate

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
So at present you're unable to access netflix at all? What about through Chrome? Forgive me if I'm not understanding how it works.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So there's no built in Google Apps (Gmail, Maps, etc)? Does streaming MKV work?

The standard installed applications thus far are just the ones that came with the Revue before such as NBA, Pandora, Napster.. But a few like the google chrome application, media player application, and podcasts application are all revamped.

Unfortunately it doesn't even show MKV files in the media player application. However, I have successfully played two .mp4 high profile 720p videos. Along with a few .avi files.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So at present you're unable to access netflix at all? What about through Chrome? Forgive me if I'm not understanding how it works.

No, unfortunately there's no netflix application installed. Even in the "Manage Application" page there's none. Through the browser I login and it just shows me the system compatibility screen after trying to play a video.

bryan1854

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No, unfortunately there's no netflix application installed. Even in the "Manage Application" page there's none. Through the browser I login and it just shows me the system compatibility screen after trying to play a video.

i dont have one yet but as long as theres one in stock somewhere in the morning im going to pick one up today.
Could you try to login to netflix through some sort of a proxy site to possibly trick it to thinking its a destop?...or is there any options/settings menu for the browser that you can change your user agent to desktop or something else? just an idea.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
i dont have one yet but as long as theres one in stock somewhere in the morning im going to pick one up today.
Could you try to login to netflix through some sort of a proxy site to possibly trick it to thinking its a destop?...or is there any options/settings menu for the browser that you can change your user agent to desktop or something else? just an idea.

Hmmm, I'll try changing the useragent perhaps. I think it wouldn't work though since the desktops need silverlight.

I did just get a file manager installed though! I enabled unknown applications to be installed as well, just tried installing the netflix apk from my phone but it failed. I'll try a few emulators

bryan1854

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it! Doesn't work, immediate force close.

I installed Snesoid and it runs however when I go to play a game it force closes.

in the main settings is there a run in zoomed mode or whatever the new feature xooms just got with there recent update?

teggy6

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I need some help a little

Downloaded opened zip put it on usb power off googletv connected usb then powered back up and same and yes blank usb stick

follow the instructions, are you unplugging, plug back in, wait one Mississippi then hold the sync/connect button on the back of the revue.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
in the main settings is there a run in zoomed mode or whatever the new feature xooms just got with there recent update?

No nothing like that. It seems like for the applications that can be installed, it automatically stretches them out (More or less in the correct way). For example, I have the Snesoid application installed and it looks pretty good. Huge buttons and selections but it works well and doesn't look crappy.

bryan1854

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No nothing like that. It seems like for the applications that can be installed, it automatically stretches them out (More or less in the correct way). For example, I have the Snesoid application installed and it looks pretty good. Huge buttons and selections but it works well and doesn't look crappy.
but it still crashes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC