SWEET JESUS!!! Update your Revue to Honeycomb 3.1 NOW!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Once on honeycomb the function and left won't take you to recovery.... I got a flashing screen issue and was going to wipe and install again but can't get to recovery.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Sometimes I fiddle with my HDMI cables and it fixes it. It's really wierd sometimes with my LG tv but for the most part it works fine. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the HDCP with the HDMI cable. Pain in the ass sometimes.

I'll have to consider trying this. It looks like you overwrite the original flashplayer apk though and I wouldn't have a readily available backup :-/

I did try changing the user-agent string in the settings to the default google chrome one and it still wouldn't let me access hulu content. Recognizes that I'm a google tv though.

Ep3n3wp

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
that's weird terminal emulator doesn't work... Specially since it worked on the rooted revue... Maybe have to email the dev... Cause I believe he ponied up some cash to get his app on the revue before

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
that's weird terminal emulator doesn't work... Specially since it worked on the rooted revue... Maybe have to email the dev... Cause I believe he ponied up some cash to get his app on the revue before

Hmm, interesting. I'll try dragging the apk off of the tablet instead of my phone and seeing if that changes anything.

Edit:

Yeah nor Better Terminal Emulator Pro or Terminal Emulator work. They both force close. It seems like BTEP is right there and it pops up with a notification showing that it's running but it just FC's when i go to launch it.

Last edited:

qrsy2k

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that .mkv files do play within Logitech Media Player!

This is the file information for my .mkv that I just tested. It shows up and plays via an external hard drive, however I can't find any of my .mkv's via over the network share.

okyPh.png

Was hoping for this to work with network share. With this I could replace my crappy media player for this

Ep3n3wp

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... Wonder why honeycomb optimized apps dont work on a system running honeycomb?

Does astro work?

What happens if you download an apk from someones drop box account?
As in... Where does it dl to and how would you install?

I'm going to try to upload an apk called my water live wallpaper from the asus transformer

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... Wonder why honeycomb optimized apps dont work on a system running honeycomb?

Does astro work?

What happens if you download an apk from someones drop box account?
As in... Where does it dl to and how would you install?

I'm going to try to upload an apk called my water live wallpaper from the asus transformer

Haven't tested Astro but I am using a different file manager.

If you download an apk via the browser it'll just drop it in the downloads folder on the Revue.

I've been able to install any apk as shown for the past few pages now. The problem is acutally running it, I don't think a live wallpaper would work since I'm pretty sure live wallpapers aren't supported on this.

Edit: Nevermind, there are live wallpapers actually! If I install that live wallpaper it would probably just add it into the live wallpapers folder like normal.

Ep3n3wp

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm so apks dl and side load and install but fail to run/operate... Wonder if its the app realizing its not optimized for google tv and force closing or if its the honeycomb os force closing the app...

can you see if you can install an app that logs when an app force closes and see what caused it to force?
and log like 2 or 3 different apps to see if its the same thing force closing them...
Cause if its the same thing force closing the app some one could fix that.

cdoty

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmm so apks dl and side load and install but fail to run/operate... Wonder if its the app realizing its not optimized for google tv and force closing or if its the honeycomb os force closing the app...

There's a few potential problems. Google TV doesn't support the NDK(or at least didn't), and even if it did support the NDK, the binaries would be compiled for an Arm processor and not the Atom.

Ep3n3wp

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ohh... So is it going to be a pain in the ass for developers to make their apps compatible with our platform?

Or will it just take a few lines of code?

cesarb

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Im having a weird issue. Im in the set up where i have to enter my google account credentials. It keeps telling me the password or username is wrong. They aren't im typing them in correctly. Please help!!!

donatom3

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Im having a weird issue. Im in the set up where i have to enter my google account credentials. It keeps telling me the password or username is wrong. They aren't im typing them in correctly. Please help!!!

You don't happen to have 2 step authorization enabled do you?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon