I have a stock revue. Until the official Google tv 2.0 aka Honeycomb 3.1 comes out, I am sticking to stock. Anyhow, I see post (here and other forums) of people adding USB HDD or flash drives to there revue. My question is why? I know why afer the update happens, but why now for those still stock enjoying netflix. I also know I can steam all my music and video files from my pc, and so why a hdd in the revue until after the upgrade.
    08-15-2011 10:44 PM
    I sometimes use a USB HDD to watch the files on it. I could stream them from my PC, but then my PC would have to be on. Note I already had a USB drive.
    On stock, I don't see a way to use the extra storage of a USB HDD to save files, just view them on the media player.
    08-16-2011 09:47 AM
    If i dont have to turn my laptop on i dont. I haven't setup a network drive to my in home network, im waiting until i get moved into my new house. But i got movies, tv shows, and anime on my external so i just hook the hdd to my revue and watch anything i got all my stuff on my big screen.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    08-16-2011 11:20 AM
    Can you download files and save them to you external hdd from the revue chrome browser?
    08-23-2011 09:29 PM
    Nope
    08-25-2011 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD