Logitech Revue - audio goes away

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have an odd issue in my newly purchased Logitech Revue that is driving me crazy.

When I watch TV, it's great. All of the feature work and I have no complaints along those lines. But, when I turn the TV off and I come back later, turn the TV on, there's no sound.

I have the setup set like this...

Verizon FiOS box plugged into the Logitech, then the Logitech into the TV all via HDMI. I have the TV outputting to the audio receiver via HDMI as well. The Logitech can turn all 3 on via HDMI but when I turn everything on after it's been off for a while, there is no audio.

If I power cycle the Logitech Revue, the sound comes back.

I'm at a loss at what the issue could be at this point.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you check to make sure everything in the setup is powered on when it should be? It's possible that your amp powers down when it's idle and the Revue doesn't know about it. Next time it happens, instead of power cycling the Revue, try messing with the TV to change inputs or with the STB/receiver to make sure none of them are at fault.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I played around with switching inputs on the TV. No dice. I tried individually power cycling the set top box, the TV and the audio receiver and that didn't seem to work as well. I tried unplugging the HDMI for the Set top box from the Revue, then plugging that back in. That didn't work. What did work was unplugging the HDMI from the Revue to the TV. When I plugged it back in, the sound returned.

That makes me think the sound issue may be with the Revue itself.

Derezzed

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same problem. It has only happened 2 times that I know of. They started about a week or two ago. The first time, the "ding" noise you hear from the Revue as you navigate the menus I couldn't hear. I restarted the Revue and all was well. The second time (yesterday, 10-2-2011) the "ding" sound I could hear, but nothing from the channels I was watching. Again, a restart fixed this. I have no idea what is causing it, though, sorry.

Hopefully, someone else can post up more info, but I felt I should share.

Mark Krebs2

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, I could play sound with the tv alone but when I hook to the receiver the sound would only play for a couple of seconds. So what I did was run rca cable to the head phone jack to the receiver that worked but it sound awful until I turned the volume way down on the logitech now all is good. For some reason the Logitech 5.surround sound receivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith