Shows not displayed on full screen

melog69

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Logitech Revue a couple days ago and I don't seem to be able to get the TV shows and media player movies to display on full screen, and this is my set up
Samsung 50" plasama TV
Logitech Revue
AT&t Uverse (cisco 4320)
Any help would be appreciated

jlongjr27

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Try setting your cable box to the highest resolution, if it's 1080i set the revue to output at 1080i and recalibrate the screen size. I don't remember what the menu selections are for those settings but it's not hard to find. Also make sure the TV is set to the correct aspect ratio, Just scan or 16X9.

I have mine set to 1080i and the tv set to just scan. Sometimes there is a slight black box around video in full screen. I change the TV aspect ratio to 16X9 and the black box goes away. Also keep in mind some flash videos just won't play full screen. Hope this helps.

melog69

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but I have the TV set at 16X9, Revue and UVerse box set to 1080i, menus and guide display fullscreenbut sd channels display with black bars on the sides, where before I was able to see everything fullscreen
I'm hoping that the future update will fix this issue

ub3r_goob3r

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I cant speak for your set top box but I had the same issue on a Motorola box, and found the resolution to be setting a override on the 480i(i think) to stretch. I did not even know about the setup screen for my box till i downloaded a pdf manual for it.

jlongjr27

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh, why do you want to stretch SD? That is actually one of the things I love about watching shows over the internet. That SD content is not stretched. I absolutely hate stretched SD content and even more so I hate the fish eye stretching method that some channels use.

You should be able to stretch it with your TV if you really want to. I have a logitech harmony and I programmed a button to change the aspect ratio of the TV. You may be able to program one of the keys on the keyboard to do that.

I also have a dish network VIP622 and there is a button to change the aspect ratio of the receiver it's self. Not sure if the box you have has that feature though.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Logitech Revue a couple days ago and I don't seem to be able to get the TV shows and media player movies to display on full screen, and this is my set up
Samsung 50" plasama TV
Logitech Revue
AT&t Uverse (cisco 4320)
Any help would be appreciated

Go under Settings->Audio and video and run the setup for your screen. You know, the one in which you are being displayed an image and you have to push the arrows on your keyboard until you don't see the black lines anymore. Maybe you skipped this step when you first turned on the revue.

melog69

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind guys after playing around with the logitech keyboard and reading a bunch of articles at the AT&T forum I figured that the UVerse remote has a zoom function and all I had to do is set it to stretch
Some programs don't look so good but at least I don't have those black bars on the sides