Google promised Market "this summer"...

Sharpy

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
...as of midnight summer is officially over, sucks to see Google is now just another member of the club of these other tech companies that don't keep their promises....I really thought Google was the one we could trust...

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
This is why companies don't release hard dates on software, sometimes stuff happens and you can't release.
Have faith, Google hasn't stopped support of the system.

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like we are just a few weeks away from the official release. A few weeks late, but not bad if you ask me. If you consider the unofficial release of 3.1 then I guess they made it. Overall I would rather they wait to get it right, I am still hoping they are waiting to announce it with some content partnership deals.

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm a little bitter. I bought a Sony GTV at launch and the basic functions still don't even work properly. I partially blame Sony and Logitech as well since I'm sure they were no help in the process and pretty much washed their hands as soon as they weren't making money instantly (That's how business works though).

I knew it'd be a long and hard road through development, but I'm going to be pissed when Honeycomb/Ice Cream Sambo is optimized for GTV 2.0 hardware.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Can never have a solid day just a guess. They guessed and came up short. Only way to give a true set time is to have it finished first before a date. I dnt want a have baked crashing version. I'm fine waiting I'm in the 3.1 leak and it still kinda works.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Sharpy

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I know this is Android Central....but I am amazed that the majority of replies that STILL defend Google in this (WTF do you all work for Google?)...come on!!! We paid $300 for this next to useless box and have gotten nothing positive out of the device

...and people think Apple fan boys are bad.....jesh!!!

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I know this is Android Central....but I am amazed that the majority of replies that STILL defend Google in this (WTF do you all work for Google?)...come on!!! We paid $300 for this next to useless box and have gotten nothing positive out of the device

What do you mean next to useless? What does it not do? Maybe it's the DVR you're using but my Revue works amazingly well with my Tivo Premiere.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling a lot of us researched beforehand and bought a box that exists rather than gambling on a box that is promised. For $99 the Revue does exactly what I want it to do and while I'd like to see an update I also won't be crying in my coffee if they decide the current hardware can't be supported. Then again, having built products myself I know exactly what the issues are with releasing stuff which is why I don't gamble on marketing promises and I dismiss any release dates more than a week in advance.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I had no intention of buying one, but I had a keen interest long before the devices were released.

My sister bought me one for Christmas last year and I decided to keep it. I have really enjoyed it, but it does need to add the things we've been harping about.

Mine is a phenomenal universal remote, but the other things need some polish.

Looking forward to the update. Seriously, who expected this on time???

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Umm.. actually i paid 99.99 for mine.

and i'm not defending Google. But i'd rather have a fully baked system, them running a 1/2 baked POS.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

Sorry you dont like your device. I enjoy what I have and know more will come for the $300 I spent almost a year ago. Sell it I'm sure you can get $50 for it and if your going to talk down to our members because the don't see the same issues please don't post. Its one thing to voice your upset but basically calling us fanboys is not cool.

sent by CyanogenMod X

garrett 77

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I really am looking forward to the Google TV update (mainly hoping to use PLEX on it!) but I am really happy with the revue itself. I had it without sat/cable for a while, then when I added Dish Network, it was like a whole new experience.

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know when the update is scheduled?

No official news other then Google tweeting
"Some Google TV devices will receive a minor security update tomorrow. Stay tuned, a bigger update is headed your way in the weeks ahead."

That was almost two weeks ago, I would like to think it would be out sometime this month but who knows. The latest leaked builds seem pretty solid so it has to be close.